Chapter Thirteen;

Chapter Thirteen

The second date.

Didn't that mean something to normal couples? Or was that the third one?

You had just stepped out of the shower when your phone lit up where it was resting on the corner of the sink. It was a text from Jensen:

The movie tonight is The Omen. You good with scary movies?

You laughed at the screen. "Why are you texting me when you are just right there?"

Heavy footsteps approached the door before his familiar voice broke through. "I wasn't sure when you would be done in there, so I was just giving you the heads up."

A heavy eyeroll was necessary despite the fact that he couldn't see it, but you were smart enough to bring your outfit in with you. You didn't trust Jensen to not make a comment about you being wet and in a towel while rooting through your suitcase. He had already been a handful when you guys were at the pool the other day. You'd also be lying if you didn't admit to enjoying it.

Reaching for the white sundress hanging on the back of the door, you drop your towel hearing the quiet thud it made before slipping your feet through the top of the delicate cloth. As you slid it up your frame you answered Jensen. "Are you going to be able to watch it without ruining the Hollywood magic behind it?"

Silence.

With a final slip of the skinny strap, you opened the door cautiously before poking your head out. "Jay?"

He was standing across from the doorway with a smirk edging at the corners of his mouth. "Yes gorgeous?"

"Uh," you blushed at his sudden nickname for you. "I just need help zipping the back of this up."

You had barely finished explaining what you required from him before you felt his calloused hands on your shoulders. The air rushed out of your lungs at his sudden touch and when his finger traced down the length of the zipper, you thought for sure your heart was going to explode out of your chest.

It took him an agonizing long time to reach the top of your clasp, but when he did – he didn't move. You turned to face him, licking your lips in an effort to keep your mouth from going dry. "So are you going to ruin it for me?"

"Huh?"

"The movie," you reminded him, having calmed your pulse enough to side step him while looking for your brush and cosmetic bag.

"Oh, no, no," he answered while his eyes followed your steps that were starting their retreat back to the bathroom. "Where are you going?"

You cocked an eyebrow at him, holding up the items in your hand for him to see. "To finish getting ready."

"You look ready enough to me."

"Aren't you the guy that has to sit in a make-up chair every day before stepping in front of the camera?"

His tongue clicked. "That's different."

"How?"

Jensen took a step closer to you while reaching out for your wrists. "Because you don't need it."

The warmth in your cheeks was instant. What was with this man lately that had him saying all these things that made you feel a certain type of way? "And you do? You're like the prettiest person I know."

"Hey," he laughed still reaching for your clutch. "That's for the camera."

You eyed him curiously before begrudgingly letting him remove your clutch. "I swear Ackles," you groaned, still heading into the bathroom to at least fix your hair. "If I find any horrible pictures of me -"