65: steve

Your POV

I set dinner on the table and sat down across from Steve. So far we've been married for two years and it's been the best two years of my life.

"Honey can I tell you something," he asked.

"Sure Steve what."

"So after work today I went to the recruitment office," he said in a low voice.

I put my silverware down and froze up.

"Look (y/n) I just took a practice ASVAB test. And I almost aced it."

"Well good for you," I said sarcasticly.

"Please listen. He said I had to lose a little bit of weight and then come back."

"Steve I thought you were just thinking out loud when you told me you wanted to enlist."

"You know I've wanted to do this for a while now. I don't know why your so surprised." He said.

"Because you didn't tell me you were going in. I thought you would think enough of me to tell me when you do things like this."

"(Y/n) please."

"So how long is this whole process going to take." I asked holding back tears.

"About a year, I have to lose the weight, go take my real test. To get back the results takes about a month. Then I go to training for boot camp for a few months. And then I go to boot camp and that's three months. Then I go to the base."

"Isn't boot camp no contact."

"Yes." He said.

I shut my eyes as tears streamed down. "Honey we're going to be fine," he said.

We ate the rest of dinner in silence and even when I was doing dishes.

"Well cake we need to take a break," he said to himself.

I snickered to myself as he went to the living room. I finished cleaning up the kitchen and I started to cry hard.

I did things around the kitchen trying to distract myself. I can't imagine myself being in this house by myself. But I wouldn't be by myself, I had news I needed to share.

"Steve I have something we need to talk about." I said sitting down next to him.

"Look love if it's about the enlisting thing I have made up my mind."

"Steve I'm pregnant." I said.

"What!" He said excited.

"Honey I'm two months in. Our baby will only be four months old when you leave."

"Baby we can do this. And we will for our little one. It's going to hard but it will work." He said kissing my stomach.

----- eight months later ----

"Steve," I said shakng him awake.

"What honey."

"It hurts."

"What hurts."

"My contractions." I cried.

"What. Are you going into labor," he said awake now.

"No. But it hurts really bad."

We waited around for a while to see if I was in labor but nothing. But the contractions got worse and worse. We drive to the hospital and almost as soon as we got there I went into labor.

"He's here," the doctor said as I heard  baby cry's fill the room.

"What are we going g to name him," Steve said with tears in his eyes.

"Steve Jr." I said crying.

Steve kissed my head and then our baby's head.

"I'm so happy." I said.

"Me too."

----- the next week -----

"Do you have to go," I said holding our baby in my arms as Steve stood at the door.

"I do honey, and I'll miss you and Steve every minute of it. But it's only for three months."

"Ok," i said with tears in my eyes.

He gave me a long passionate kiss.

"You know the uniform makes you look handsome." I cried.

"Thank you darling." He said leaving.

---- one year later ----

Steve's POV

I got sent out of the country and I miss my family dearly. I haven't seen them since Steve Jr was eight months.

"You got mail," another solider said handing me an envelope.

I read the address and it was my home, I rapidly opened the letter and read it.

             Dear Steve,

                       It was just Steve Jr's birthday last week which I sure you know. The whole gang came and the family's. We had a great time and we all miss. I don't know if I've ever told you this but I'm proud of you. I know I was resistant to let you go but you had your mind set. Steve took his first step yesterday. He walked from me to Darry, they all have taken great care of me. They help me out with anything I ask them to do and even watch the baby. I know what your thinking yes I trust them, well two is a little iffy. I hope your having fun and enjoying your time out there. We all miss you and love you.

                          Love,
                              (Y/n) and baby Steve.

Tears rolled down my eyes as I finished reading the letter I was happy and I was enjoying myself but I hated missing all of my sons milestones. I folded the letter back up and out it in the pile with all the others.

A/n

Hey guy I hope you liked this one. I know the kind of short but let me know if y'all want a part 2 where Steve comes home. I know Steve is supposed to go to Vietnam and all but I thought I would switch up that plot. Don't forget to vote, request are open. Thanks for reading, God bless.