Chapter 3: Death or Chocolate

Start from the beginning

Paddle. Paddle. Paddle. Paddle.

HARDER!

My lungs are sour. I'm getting out of air but I need to paddle.

HARDER YOU PATHETIC KID! Paddle harder...

I hit something small on the road, something breaks and my bicycle dangles left and right. I lose control and hit a nearby tree, making myself fall and hit the ground, face first.

"Oomph!" it hurts real bad but still I don't give up. I stand and move towards my bicycle. The small side wheel was broken somehow, I leave my bicycle behind and run towards the finish line, holding my breath I run as fast as I can, not caring about the pain I'm feeling.

I just want to win this race and get the prize and show everyone that I was the toughest competition.

"YAAAYYY!!!" I scream with excitement as I make it to the finish line but no one cheers for me. I look at the crowd of the kids standing in sideways of the race track but everyone was just staring at me, expressionless like I was some unearthly creature to them.

A kid on the bike was near the finish line. He hit the line and everybody roars with excitement, cheering him up.

"Hey!" I shout but nobody hears me. "Excuse me? I came here first!"

they don't count me as the winner why?

Okay, this is getting on my nerves. I can't let him win.

I move the kids away surrounding him and snatch the big chocolate bar he was holding which was the prize.

The crowd went silent and everyone's glaring at me.

Now, this is scary.

"I came here first! So I'm the winner!" I say, trying to put on a brave act.

"It was a bicycle race, not a running race!" the kid says, snatching back his prize and the crowd scoffs. My blood boils and I snatch back the prize again, holding it with a death grip this time.

"Whatever, I reached first!"

"You fat ugly girl! Give me back my prize!"

"WHAT! Did you just call me FAT and UGLY?"

"Yes! Look at your trousers they're all torn up and dirty" I look down at my trousers and the rude kid was right. It was torn from the knees and muddied. I was embarrassed but not as much that I would give up my prize.

"That doesn't make me look UGLY or FAT" I pressed my tongue out to him.

"That just makes you even uglier and fat!"

okay, that ticked me off.

"What! Apologize to me or forget the prize you brat!" he clenches his fist.

"NEVER!" he grabs the side of the bar and pulls it towards him but I apply equal force to my side.

"You brat! I won't lose to you!" my grip tightens on it but he doesn't falter either.

"Stop calling me that you ugly and fat!" everyone around us started chanting 'fight, fight, fight'

Okay, this brat again ticked me off.

I loosen my grip on the bar and he falls on his side on the ground with the bar in his hand.

Ooh, he hit hard. Well, he deserved it. Hah!