Chapter One

A/N: welcome to the rewritten version of this story, have fun reading! remember, tw: self-harm, mentions of suicide, mentions of rape

You were walking around your floor, your baseball bat covered with nails on your shoulder. Bandages hugged every form of your body except your eyes, hands and mouth. You were wearing black shorts with a black hoodie that reached your waist, accompanied by black boots. You didn't bother wearing anything else since the bandages covered it. The bandages were there to hide your scars. You had scars everywhere, even on your face, because you were cutting yourself. You wanted to die, but at the same time you didn't want to. You could kill yourself with your bat at any time and you knew it. But you couldn't. Why? You never knew.

The sound of the elevator doors opening took you out of your thoughts. You decide to hide and wait for who was inside it. After a few seconds, you saw a little girl walk around and she seemed really confused. That's when you decided to attack.

"Peek-a-boo~" you sang with a sadistic laugh. What? You may be suicidal and depressed but you were still crazy.

She froze and slowly turned around and her eyes widened. She was looking straight in your E/C eyes, noticing the insane look they possessed.

You lifted your arms, ready to kill her and enjoy the sound of your victim's screams. She closed her eyes and lifted her arms as her shield. Baseball bat inches away from smashing into her skull, you froze. She looked so innocent and terrified, just like you were before he did something to you. Your eyes widened as you remembered the horrible events of that fateful night, the night that changed your life forever. Tears formed in your eyes, threatening to roll down your cheek with a single blink.

Suddenly harder to hold, your bat fell to the ground and the girl looked up at the loud noise. Dropping to your knees, tears started falling out, incapable of holding them in anymore. As sobs left your throat, you felt a hand hesitantly placed on your shoulder and looked up to see the girl looking at you. She was clearly still afraid of you, which was normal since you had almost just ended her life a rather.. violent way. Her deep blue eyes seemed to look into your head, trying to identify if you were a threat or not.

"..Hey.."

Her voice was barely above a whisper, any background noise and you wouldn't have been able to hear it. Upon hearing her soft voice, your tears slowly started drying up. She waited for you to stop sobbing to talk again.

"..Are you.. okay..?"

Trying to figure out what to say, you could only blurt out a single "..What?"

Seemingly now less scared of you, she gathered the courage of giving you a small sympathic smile, which surprisingly made you feel apaised. Now you had completely stopped crying and were able to form words

"..Why aren't you running away? Why are you asking me that? Why.. do you remind me of.. me?"

How she managed to keep calm intrigued you. If you were her, you would've ran for you life already. Placing her second hand on your other shoulder, she began answering your questions.

"I'm not running away because you don't look like a threat now. I want to know if you're okay because you look like you need help. As for the last.. I don't know but.. if that's the reason you spared me, then I am glad."

Before you could even finish registering her words, she was already hugging you, a comforting hand on the back of your head. As much as you were thankful for this surprise hug, you hoped no one else would ever see you in this vulnerable state again. Careful not to scare her, you slowly put your arms behind her back, returning the hug.

After a few seconds, you spoke.

"Sorry for crying like this. I'm Y/N."

She slowly retreated from the hug, a soft smile still plastered on her face. She held out her hand towards you, and at that moment, it felt like peace was the only thing in the world. As if everything bad that had happened to you didn't have a hold on you anymore. As if.. you were free.

"Well Y/N, I am Rachel. Let's get out of here together, okay?"

Taking her hand after a few moments of hesitation and getting back on your feet, you nodded. You didn't even know why you nodded. You had never even thought about leaving this place before. You had food, a place to sleep, and occasionally a victim here and there, why would you think about leaving?

But her being here and reminding you of your younger self made you wonder if you could have ended up differently, and if you could still change. You wanted to protect her, imagining it as protecting your younger self from what you had suffered.

Picking up your baseball bat and walking towards the elevator with Rachel, you now noticed the height difference between the two of you, making you chuckle a bit, the sound causing her to look at you.

"What is it?"

You gave her a small smile. "Nothing, nothing"

Turning back towards the direction you were headed to, you could see the small smile she wore. You felt the need to protect her as if she was yourself, but also a younger sister.

Now to get out of this place.

Next stop, floor B6.