Chapter Two: I'll Call Him Papi Instead Of Daddy.

Start from the beginning

My eyebrows rose to the roof and Caleb saw my expression because he put his hands up in defense. "Listen, I didn't know she had a boyfriend. She didn't even tell me. What we had last night was completely consensual and sober. I repeat consensual and sober. She could have spoken up about a boyfriend at any point of that night and she chose not to."

"So, he punched you?" AJ asked, wiggling a pen in his hand.

Caleb's hand went up to his eye. "She failed to mention that he is a professional kickboxer as well. He didn't just punch me. I'm surprised I'm still breathing. I'd be in the hospital right now if I didn't manage to escape. No, I'd probably have my body out left to die in some alley if I didn't run."

I blinked in reaction to the last two sentences of what he had just said, keeping the expression on my face as a blank. He was dramatic and that was coming from me. The actress.

"How'd you get out?" One of the producers asked, looking intrigued by the story.

Not even that producer was intrigued, everyone here was intrigued, even Giulio. What the hell? We came here to talk about the movie. The movie that was supposed to start filming the main characters tomorrow and we're here talking about how the annoying writer's latest conquest had a boyfriend?

Come on.

Caleb started off on the story of how he escaped, and I ignored him, picking up the script, shoving it into my bag, and starting to leave the room. He stopped midway through his story when he noticed, "Where are you going, Miss Octavia?"

I didn't answer him. I left the room, keeping the sunglasses on my face as I made my way back towards the entrance. I was sure to get a call tonight reminding me that I had to be back here tomorrow but all I wanted to do tonight was lie down in my bed, preferably alone with a movie playing on the screen.

I cursed out loud when I suddenly remembered. Giulio and some of our friends were coming over tonight. I almost groaned, about take my phone out of my bag to call the chef of the house to prepare something when someone tapped me.

"You're missing something." It was Caleb, the man of the hour.

I just met you. I thought it was established by my facial expressions that I don't want to talk to you.

I was still searching for my phone. "Like what?"

"This." My phone was held out under my eyes and I blinked, taking it. "Usually people in this century can't function without it."

I didn't reply to him. I merely looked at Caleb who had put his glasses back over his eyes, a small smile on his face as he shoved his hands in his pockets. "I'm getting the feeling you don't like me."

"It's not that I don't like you-" I started off, but he cut me off.

"You don't like me. I can tell."

Well, when you cut me off like that, of course, I don't like you.

Someone was passing by with a box full of donuts and Caleb reached his hand out just in time to take one. "Thank you." He said to the girl with the box, shooting her what was probably his luring smile.

She blushed, mumbling something before scrambling away. I stared at Caleb as he looked down at the huge chocolate donut in his hands. I hope he remembered that he had come in with a full box of them to make up for coming in late today, but all his focus was on the donut. The way he looked down at it made him look almost child-like as if he wanted to go down on his knees and worship the donut in his hands. I felt like if he could he would.