chapter twenty-one

stepping onto the plane, the ache in between my legs starts to worsen. and the second i see the rest of the guys, coach and mr. ellis? my heart begins to race incredibly fast that for a minute, i worry that i might just faint.

i feel like i'm wearing a scarlet letter scattered across my forehead. a big fat, 'w' for whore, plain as day, letting everyone know what i did last night. or, more fitting, who i did.

i trust odell, i most definitely do, and i know for sure he's not like the rest. i don't think he was tryna sleep with me in order to get me fired. and, i'm not sure exactly what it is about him that makes me feel safe, but he does.

it could be the way he has unknowingly come to my rescue so many times, it could be the tender way that i see him look at me when he thinks i'm not paying attention, but what really has me thinking, is the way he looked into my eyes last night when he made love to me.

alright, so that was a little far-fetched. we didn't exactly make love, but what he did to me was for sure more than just a quick fuck.

regardless, i could still get fired. all i can do now is pray that it stays between odell and i, like he promised last night that it would be. at least until we see where this thing between us is going. otherwise, i'll find myself walking down the unemployment line in a hot second.

i push those thoughts out of my head, boarding through the tunnel and into the plane. i scan the seats, which are all filled with the players, and grin.

all the guys are dressed to kill. looking sharp as ever. in their navy suits with their red ties boasting the giants logo in tiny print. none of them look super happy about it, not gonna lie a few of them look downright pissed, but most of them are so busy on their phones or getting a quick nap in to notice me. no one but odell.

his eyes find mine, and a slow half smile lightens his face. he stares at me as if he's disintegrating a deep hole into my skin, and i do my best to fight the blush that is about to break out on my face.

i force myself to look away from him, but it's so hard not to stare.

odell looks gorgeous all the time, but seeing him in his suit, his tailor fitted suit that moulds to his body in all the right places? he makes it way too hard. i quickly find a seat off to the side, away from odell and the rest of the guys.

i shift uncomfortably in my seat, the ache in between my legs now a full-on throb with the need for the man that drives me into my atrocious moaning state. i cross my legs together, trying to drown out the lust that is trying so hard to control my body.

i grab my headphones out of my bag, popping them in and trying to drown out my thoughts with music. i flip through my playlist, trying desperately to find something that isn't about love, sex or–it's not even the music. it's just my dirty mind. then i feel him.

the hot, heavy hand, with those fingers attached that know exactly where to touch me to make me feel lightheaded except that hand is placed firmly on my thigh.

my eyes pop open, and i gasp at the sight of odell sitting in the seat next to me, his body turned and blocking us from everyone's view, a wicked gleam in his eye.

"hey, baby." he murmurs softly.

i notice his hand begin to trail my thigh gently, as i take out one of my headphones whilst his eyes finally meet mine, which are probably bugging out of my head.

"what are you doing?" i hiss, jerking my leg away before frantically looking over his shoulder to see if anyone has spotted this exchange.

no one on this plane is paying us a string of attention, but still. this can't go on. he can't sit with me, can't keep his hand on my thigh, and most definitely can't look at me like that. i need distance from him, and fast. because i can never seem to keep my head around him when he's this close to me.