Chapter Fourteen

Começar do início

"I did not mean it that way!"

"Please McKenzie, enlighten me, how on earth did you mean it to sound?"

"What is going on here?"

"None of your business! Just stay out of it." Skye's voice was still a bit strange from the pills and alcohol, or whatever else she had given him, but there was hate in his voice. It was like venom soaked through his eyes. He struggled to make eye contact with Goliath.

"How dare you scream at me? Should I teach you some more respect booitjie huh?"

"I'm getting out of here babe. Call me tomorrow about Brian's party..." Natasha backed away and left us alone with Goliath.

"Yes leave! Walks when thinks get tough. She is a real keeper Skye. She..." Before I could say anything else Goliath's fist slammed into my face and I fell backwards onto the carpet. I got a carpet burn and my jaw pained. I could taste blood inside my mouth. I lifted my head and saw Goliath grab Skye by the throat and throw him at the wooden table in the middle of the sitting room. The wood table broke and Skye laid on the carpet with the broken pieces around him. There was a large piece embedded in his right side.

He looked like he was in a lot of pain as he reached with his hand towards the wood. His fingers were covered in blood as he lifted them from the spot at his side. Goliath sat on top of Skye. He sat down in such a way that Skye could not move his legs or arms. Skye tried to breathe under the impact. I could see him strain against the weight.

"Get off me!" Skye gasped and he tried to push Goliath off of him.

"Get off him" I whispered. There was a facial expression of pure fear on Skye's face. It was as if though Skye suddenly froze in place. Goliath was busy crushing him. Goliath laughed and grabbed onto Skye's hair pulling his face into place. He slammed his head back against the carpet before he let go.

"Do you remember what happened last time you disrespected me boy?" Skye shook his head. I had no idea what they were talking about, but I could see the distress in Skye's eyes. It only confirmed that Goliath had done something unspeakable. I was sure of it. Something cruel and I had to make sure that he did not do it again.

"Stop it Goliath!" I tried to stand up. Goliath grabbed Skye's throat and started pressing. Skye choked and I could see that there was no air coming in. He made strange noises and looked up at Goliath with pleading eyes.

"Stop! You are going to kill him!" I screamed and the tears ran down my cheeks. Goliath just kept pressing.

Skye's eyes started to roll backwards in his head. I forced myself onto my feet and I grabbed a piece of wood from the broken table. I slammed it into his shoulder, but he just kept choking Skye. I slammed him again in the same spot until he finally let go and turned around. He pushed me and I fell backwards and hit my head on the carpet so hard that it bounced into the air and slammed on the carpet a second time. Goliath's weight landed on top of me and I could feel some of my bones breaking under the pressure. I screamed out loud and he placed his hand on my mouth. .

"Mom!!!!!! Mom!!!"

I knew that it was hopeless, but I had to try. Maybe for once in my life my mother could do something helpful. She helped us the other day in the kitchen, why not now?

It was only a month ago when she promised to change.

"I have had enough of you and your brother. Since the day I first came here you have been nothing but trouble. Especially you. You have always thought that you were better than me. I had to stand by while a dumb blonde tried to make me look like a fool." He slapped me and I tried to force the tears back. He was really heavy and it was difficult to move.

"I never..."

"Yes you did!" He hit me again, this time with his fist and I began to cry.

"Do not think that I did not hear the two of you laughing at me behind my back! Always whispering. Always looking down at me. Who is laughing now? Huh? I got your brother back though, I showed him who the boss is around here."

"What did you do to him?"

Goliath laughed. "He was busy talking back as always and I was fed up. I knew how to hurt him, really hurt him, in a manner that he would never talk back again, but it seems like he forgot. Maybe when I am done here I will give him another lesson in who is in control of this household."

"No...Please..." He hit me again and I started to cry even louder. I wanted to kill him for hurting Skye, but I could not even move a finger.

"This time you are going to listen to me! I am sick and tired of being called stupid and you always teasing me..."

"Please stop it...I never teased you... Get off! I can't breathe."

He started to play with the edge of my shorts and I could feel myself freezing.

No.

Not again.

He hit me against the side of my head and a pain shot through my whole head as my vision turned black.