Chapter Fourteen 🌊

Start from the beginning

"There are three other floors above us that are parents to clan members. There are some members with larger families that have homes just outside of then den," said Aeric.

Qullian nods, "Yeah there are families bigger than ours, and they need the space. We can make the rooms bigger to accommodate families up to a certain size using magic".

"Eh? You can use magic to make a room bigger? That is so awesome! We have to call a contractor and hire them to make an addition," said Coralia.

Ember giggles softly as she looks at Neri who is nibbling on her salad. "Hmm well to put it accurately big brother Vul is the one that makes all the changes to the den," said Ember.

I look over at Vulcan and he smiles at me as he holds onto his wine glass. I could sense that Vulcan is powerful from the night we met, but I did not think he was that powerful. Physically changing something with magic takes up a lot of energy. Now, changing something as large as a room requires even more energy. How is he able to do that without seriously hurting himself?

"This knowledge is not supposed to be known to outsiders, but I will tell you since you are Avalon's family. I highly doubt you will tell anyone because it would potentially place her in danger. To put it simply I posses my own magic, and magic that only the a clan head has since my father's death. Aside from that as clan leader I am tapped into the magic of the den," said Vulcan.

Did he say that the den has its own magic? If that is the case then is the den alive in a sense? "Vulcan what does it mean for the den to have magic of its own? Are you not the one providing magic to the den?" I ask.

"The den has magic of its own that exists since the first clan leader. When each clan leader passes on a small amount of their magic lives within the den. In a sense the magic helps protect the den," explains Vulcan.

Mama smiles, "Yes and because of this Vulcan is more in tune with the den than any other member of our family aside from myself. When Avalon officially becomes Vulcan's mate my connection will be passed onto Avalon".

"Um what type of a connection is it mama, and will you not miss having it?" I ask. I may as well begin to know what type of connection I will have to the clan soon enough.

Mama hums, "Well you will have a rough estimate of where all members of the clan are at any given time. That really comes in handy when you need to track someone down. As the clan leaders wife the den will want to protect you, and of course your children more than anyone else. That is actually the reason I only had a small scratch when the den was under attack. My Torin directed the den's magic to protect me rather than himself".

Vulcan's father died because the den was attached? If outsiders should not know of its location than how did it get discovered? Vulcan seems to have sensed my though pattern because he spoke up. "It was unfortunate that we had a traitor among our own people that lead to my fathers death. The enemy and all tractors in the den were eliminated that night," he said in a cold harsh tone.

Papa sighs, "Well it seems that you have the needed ability to protect my Avalon. However, to be certain I would like to observe how her life here will be. That being said allow us to spend a few days in your home".

I turn my gaze to look at papa who is staring at Vulcan with an intense gaze. I can understand where he is coming from, but such a request is so sudden! Papa even had the nerve to invite our family to dinner here, and I do not want to make things difficult.

"Papa do you not think that your demand is too sudden?" I ask.

"Of course you may stay for as long as you like. I can show you to the guest rooms that have already been prepared for you. Neri I have already finished your room since you will be coming to live with us as well," said Vulcan.