Ch. 12- The Origin of Jackson

"If you're going to hit me, hit me harder because you better knock me out the first time."

**

Trigger Warning: Domestic Violence, Child Abuse, mention of sexual assault, and homophobia.

I was never the type of person to have friends. I just thought that I was too much for them to handle. I was right. My peers hated me, and I hated them. And it stayed that way through middle and high school.

But then came Elora Miller. Scarlet red hair, hazel eyes, pale skin, and my best friend. She was my only friend from childhood. We were two peas in a pod, to say the least, and everybody was jealous of how much we spent time together. Even my past relationship partners.

But I didn't care. She was more like my sister and I would do anything to protect her. No matter what.

I was sitting in History at the back of the class, waiting until the bell. Truth be told, I zoned out when the Mr. Marshall started talking about the beginning of the Cold War. He was an old men with grey hair and had on a suit. His body was more on the chubby side which made him look older. I hated him.

Elora was sitting on the other side of the room, which I hated even more. Mr. Marshall had to give us a seating chart. I watched as she was taking notes like a good student she is, while I, on the other hand, didn't bother. Who cares about dead people? They're dead!

My back was leaned on the back of the chair and I felt it start to hurt. God, when is the bell? I couldn't wait any longer to get out of here. I glanced at the clock and clenched my jaw. Damnit. Twenty more minutes.

"Jackson," the teacher in front said. I looked at him suddenly and he was eyeing me closely. He caught me not paying attention. "are you listening?" he asked.

"Yes, I am sir." I said with a smile on my face. My arms were crossed as everyone in the whole room turned to look at me. Even Elora.

Mr. Marshall raised his eyebrow. "Really, then you should be able to tell me something about the Cold War?" he questioned.

The class knew that I wasn't listening to him. But I didn't care. I looked over at Elora again as she was waiting for me to respond. "Um, it was cold?" I told him, feeling proud of what I said because everyone snickered.

The teacher frowned at me. "Check again Jackson before I lower your grade even more." he said to me finally before turning back to the board. The class laughed for a second before going quiet again.

I noticed that Elora was staring at me. Once I turned my head, she mouths the words "I'm going to kill you" before looking down at her notebook to take notes again. I suppressed a smile. She does have it in her to do that.

Twenty minutes passed and the final bell rang. Thank God. I hated being in this prison. As I was about to walk out of class, Mr. Marshall spoke. "Jackson, can I talk to you for a moment?" he asked. Elora was now beside me and she looked at me with a confused expression.

"Wait for me at the usual spot." I told her. She nodded her head before disappearing out into the crowd outside.

I turned my back to my history teacher again. He was sitting at his desk, writing something down on a piece of paper with a red pen. He had on glasses before he glanced up at me and took them off.

He let out an annoyed sigh. Of course, I knew what he wanted to talk to me about. My grades. And how I'm failing his class.

"Jackson, is there any reason why you won't bother with any of your classes?" he questioned. "I see here that you are failing almost every one of them,"