Ch. 36- Have Violent Ends

"These violent delights have violent ends. And in their triumph die, like fire and powder. Which, as they kiss, consume."

***

Looking at everyone I have ever loved, I realized that this will be the last time I will ever see them. It was either them or me and well, my life isn't worth as much. I was the girl that was brought into their lives that was full of sorrow. Full of pain. My life will always be like that. And I've accepted it for a long time now.

I gave each of them a last look to remember what they would look like ten years from now. When I wouldn't be here anymore. I hoped my brother would eventually move on and start a normal life. Find a girl that loves him and start a family. I hoped Ellie would find a love that consumes her that she can't think straight. That a boy will love her with all of his heart that he can't stand her. I hoped Jackson will find what he is looking for in the world and Margot will find someone so she isn't so lonely. I hope she gets a dog or cat, so she can home to someone who is excited to see her as much as I do.

And finally, I hoped that Sebastian moves on from me in ten years. That he builds his empire the way he wants it, not what his parents wanted. I hope he becomes the King that I always saw in him. I hoped to see them living their lives without me and being happy.

Kiel was holding onto Sebastian with a wooden stake close to his heart. I only smiled at him. But he didn't look terrified at all, he just looked as if he were about to kill him.

"I'll do it only if you let him go," I said finally. "Let me say goodbye first."

"Fine by me." he said, letting Sebastian go suddenly from his grasp. I watched as he walked toward me at full speed, giving me one of his deathly glares.

"No." was the first thing he said to me. "You're not sacrificing yourself. You've done enough as it is."

"I have to, Sebastian," I argued. "Otherwise, he will get what he wants and kill you and the others."

"No."

"I want you to promise me that you will live your life after I'm gone," I started to say, touching his cheek with my thumb. "Promise me that you will move on and become the King of Ambrosia that I wished you to be. Be good and kind and selfless that I know you are, Sebastian." Tears started coming out of my eyes at a rapid pace. "I want you to know that you are the best thing that has happened to me. I love you with all my heart."

"You can't do this. I need you to live — I can't survive without you." he begged.

"You can. I know you can." I said. "I will always be there with you," I pointed at his heart. "In there."

"You can't die." he begged again, tears coming out of his eyes like mine was.

I gave him a sad smile, brushing the tears away from his face. "I was already dead. I didn't know it until now, but I did. I died the day my parents did, I've just been surviving each day until my time comes and I have become so close to death so many times. I can't escape it this time, Sebastian. I just can't."

"Elora, you can't do this." his voice cracked.

"I have to."

Then I pushed him away and used my vampire strength to pick up the wooden stake that was across the room. It was ironic, I realized, that the place that I was going to die was in a crypt full of dead vampires. I wondered where I was going to end up after I die. If I deserved it.

I glanced at my loved ones, Ellie, Jasper, Sebastian. Each one of them gave me a purpose, but I just wanted this to be over. I wanted to do this for them since they gave me everything that I could wish for.

I held the stake up to my heart. "Don't do it, Elora!" screamed Ellie.

"I have to, Ellie." I told her. "Take care of each other. Take care of my aunt and Jackson. Make sure they know what happened to me."

"You don't have to do this, sister." Jasper said.

I tilted my head. "I only found out about you a while ago but I'm grateful that I had the chance to get to know you. To see you flourish and grow. Become the person that I know you are."

"Please don't do it."

"I love you, brother."

"Go on with it," Kiel said at once. "You've had your good-byes."

I glared at him. "You will get what's coming to you," I warned. "Even if I'm not here to see it."

He only laughed. "See you in hell."

I turned to Sebastian, who was frozen to the spot. Or that he was too afraid to move in hopes I wouldn't do what I'm going to do. "Make sure his heart is in pieces."

The wooden stake was sharp against my heart. I could feel it in my hands, growing closer to my chest. It took every ounce of me to stop shaking. I couldn't control the shaking in both of my hands. My mind told me that this a great mistake, that there was some other way I could do it. But there wasn't.

You sure know how to make saying goodbye so difficult. I'd say this was a fun ride, but I believe it isn't over yet.

I'd say you missed all the fun, but you didn't. I told Segovia in my mind. Good-bye, you bitch.

Awe, I will miss you too Elora.

And then she was silent again. I took a deep breath right before I stabbed myself with a wooden stake while Sebastian cried out my name. I fell to the ground as I saw him running toward me at full speed. 

***