Chapter 28- tornadoes

It had been a year since Gabby and Matt lost Kelly and Paris and they were back at work. Gabby was sitting at the table doing a crossword puzzle and Casey was making breakfast when an alert came over the tv. "The national weather service has issued a tornado watch for the following areas; Chicago, bucktown, and Harrington. Be safe." Chief came out of his office. "Shut the doors on the apparatus floor and lock them. Then come back in here and lock the doors. We will not be taking any chances." He said. "Copy that Chief," said gabby. She and Casey went out to shut and lock the apparatus floor doors. "I've never seen a tornado in Chicago before," gabby said. "Me either," Casey replied. They came back in and locked the building doors also. The tv began to talk again. "The national weather service has issued a tornado warning for the following areas: Chicago. Take cover immediately as there has been a touchdown. "You heard the tv. Everyone in the locker room." Chief Said. Gabby looked at her husband as worry filled her features. He noticed this immediately and wrapped his arm around her as they walked toward the locker room. Everyone sat in silence until they heard a very loud sound. It sounded like a train. That's when the tornado hit the firehouse. Kidd and Shay were huddled together, Hermann, mouch, Otis, Cruz, Boden, Capp, tony, and Severide were in a huddle, and gabby and Casey were huddled together. Gabby cried as the lights went out. "Matt, I'm scared," she said. "It's gonna be alright," he said. The tornado passed without any fatalities and they continued onto their normal activities.