Chapter 17- please dont go

They crashed through the doors of the emergency department. Rafferty began to talk. "Gabby Dawson, 33, gunshot wound to the left chest, 16 gague in both arms, moving all extremities." Casey sprinted alongside them with his hand still on her wound. "Cmon baby! Don't leave me! Don't leave Kelly and Paris! We need you!" He cried. They pushed Casey off of her room and ordered him to the bathroom to wash up. He followed their order then went to the waiting room and just sat there. He texted Severide.
* text convo *
Matt: hey Kelly gabbys father just stopped by and shot her. We're at med.
Kelly: your joking! I'll be right there!
Matt: are you on shift?
Kelly: yeah. Everyone is coming, chief took the house out of service.
Matt: okay
There were tears dropping onto his phone screen as he texted Kelly. All Casey could think about was gabby. She couldn't die, he needed her. Just then, everyone burst through the doors of the emergency department. Shay and Dawson's cover Brett looked like they had been crying, and so did Kelly and Hermann. Shay ran over to Casey and wrapped him in a tight hug. The entire house then joined in. Casey, Kelly, Shay, and Brett all cried in the center of the hug whilst the others tried to calm them. They unwrapped from the hug when the doctor cane out. "Are you all here for gabby Dawson?" The doctor was Will Halstead. "That's us," replied chief. Will put his head down. "No...." Casey started to say. "I'm really sorry, but we tried everything to revive her. She's gone. If two or three o you would like to see the body before we take her down to the morgue, you can," will said as he walked away. Casey collapsed onto the floor and just cried. His wife was gone. Forever. Shay skunked down beside him with tears swelling her eyes. "She's in a better place now," Said Shay. "THIS CANT BE TRUE!" Yelled Casey through sobs. Him, Kelly and Shay decided to go see her body.