Chapter 6- oh baby!

They ran into her room. "Oh baby!" Casey cried. She looked over to him and saw his tears. "Babe, I'm okay, come here," she said. He followed her request and walked over to the bed. He laid down on the small space that she had left for him and put his arm around her. "Are you okay? You scared me baby," Casey said. "I'm fine," she said. I get to go home tonight. Just a minor concussion. Should be better in a few days," she said. He placed a kiss on her lips and laid there until they left. They walked out of the hospital and got into the truck. He drove her to the apartment and carried her inside. Casey laid her on the couch as she had fallen asleep.he sat at the end of the couch with her head on his leg. He played with her hair as she slept. He was trying to figure out how to propose. He thought of the perfect way. And the next day when they went back to work, he was going to do it.

* next day *

Dawson was already back at work. She was happy to be there though. She sat at the table as Hermann approached her. "We're all glad your okay Dawson," he said. Casey was in his office with the blinds drawn. He was changing into his suit as there was a knock at the door. "Who is it?" He yelled. "Severide," the voice came back. "Come in," Casey returned as he opened the door. "What are you doing?@ Asked Severide. Casey pulled the ring out of his pocket. "Wow, she's gonna be shocked," said Severide. "I hope so. Can you get everyone into the common room please?" Asked Casey. Severide walked off to do this task as Casey finished fixing his collar. It was finally time to make gabby his wife.