Chapter 26- 42

"We're gonna need an ems plan 1," Gabby said into her radio. It took her a minute to recognize the school. "Oh my god!" Gabby screamed. "What is it?" Shay Asked. "This is Kelly and Paris' school!" She cried. Matt noticed this too. "I'll get them gabby!" He yelled. Kids were running out of the school and screaming. "Stay calm! Slow down," Chief boden was saying. Kids were running in all directions to get away from the school. Gabby was now sobbing because she hadn't seen her kids. "Truck, Squad! Primary search of the entire school. Hurry, the smoke is turning black." Chief ordered. All the men went in and 10 minutes later chief ordered everyone out. Gabby was frantically looking through the groups of children, trying to find her kids. She couldn't find them anywhere, but they had saved at least 30 children in that time. "Where are they?" Gabby screamed. Everyone was out besides Severide. Just as the roof gave way, he cane sprinting out of the front door. The building exploded into flames and the smoke billowed high above. A few hours later, the fire was completely out. "Secondary search men," Chief Said. "Chief, lay out a large tarp, there's gonna be a lot of bodies," Severide said. Gabby sat on the back of the ambo, she was in complete shock. She couldn't find her kids anywhere. They could be inside that school for all she knows. Casey came out carrying two children. "They're both dead," he said as he laid them down in the tarp. It wasn't Kelly and Paris. He went back in and continued the search. Gabby sobbed into her hands. Just as she looked up, Hermann cane out with a little boy. He placed him down in the tarp and cried. "What is it Hermann?" Gabby Asked, on the verge of sobbing again. "It's josh, my youngest," he said. "Oh my god Hermann, I'm so sorry," gabby cried. Another small boy was placed down on the tarp. Gabby noticed this body. It was Kelly. "OH MY GOD!" Gabby screamed. She collapsed onto her knees and sobbed next to her dead son. Casey came out of the building with another little boy and placed him next to Kelly. He noticed gabby sobbing on the ground and looked at the body. "No..." he said. He began to cry. "This can't be real, this isn't true!" Gabby screamed. Casey grabbed her and pulled her into a tight hug. "Shh, shh." He whispered through tears. "It's alright." Then, to gabbys horror, they brought out a little girl. They placed her on the tarp and walked away. "I-it's not Paris," she quietly said. About an hour of tears and searching later, Paris was found in her kindergarten classroom. She was dead. Severide carries her out and placed her down next to her brother. "NO!!" Gabby screamed. She collapsed next to her children and just cried. Casey came out of the building and cried with her. Everyone was surrounding them. They went back to the firehouse and sat in the common room. "42 dead," Otis said. Gabby shut her eyes as a tear steamed down her face. "Otis," Cruz said. Casey sat down next to gabby and hugged her. She burried her head into his chest and they sobbed. The entire room was silent besides gabby and Casey. Thy just held onto each other and sobbed. "They were only 6,"Gabby said through her sobs. "It's alright baby, it's okay. They're still here with us in our hearts and in spirit," Casey said, trying to stop crying. Shay cane over and sat down with them. "Gabby, casey. It's gonna be alright," she tried to say. Shay began to cry as well. Hermann was also crying. Cindy walked in with tears filling her eyes. The rest of Hermann kids walked in after her. They were all crying. Hermann got up and wrapped them into a tight hug. Cindy pulled away and looked at Casey and Dawson. "Casey, Dawson, come here," she said through sobs. They joined into the hug and just cried. After shift, everyone went home and Casey and gabby sat on the couch. They had calmed down a little. Then, gabby got up. "I'm gonna go take a bath," she said. "Okay," Casey said. He was completely clueless.

Oof. Sad and long chapter. Cliffhanger! What happens next?