vii: smeared red lipstick

Start from the beginning

"Mom listen I'm sorry I didn't know that I was going to do something as crazy as that." I said speaking honestly.

My mother was crazy, but she was a good crazy, I liked to think I developed my wit and looks from her, oh and you couldn't forget about the cheekbones as well, she looked at me for a minute before her tough exterior melted away and a soft smile came on her face, walking over to me she hugged me tightly, "I missed you so much," Tapping my back she muttered, "And don't think that I don't know you have been dodging mine and your brother calls."

Chuckling I pulled back, "I have just been busy with running Little Black Majesty and Extra Little Black Majesty, as you know I have been covering the wedding for Bala and Isabella Fernando."

"Oh yes," She said as I could tell that she was scolding herself for it, "How is that going along?"

"Well actually," Robyn said pitching in for the first time, "Majesty has a meeting at Bala's and Isabella's home in an hour."

I was going to have to take this woman out for a drink, I loved my mother very dearly, but she could really be an overpowering woman to be around after a stretched amount of time, "Yes I have a meeting and I don't know how the bride will feel about extra company coming along."

"Extra company," She said looking offended, "I am not extra company I am your mother." Oh here we go with the guilt tripping. "I haven't seen you in two months are you trying to get rid of me, you know Samuel is on business and I'm always alone in that big house by myself..."

I turned my imaginary hearing aids off as she went on a tired very outdated tirade, think of it as someone trying to bring bell bottoms back...leave that shit in the seventies, moving my hair behind my ear, I had to remind myself that I had my hair appointment tomorrow, listen I am for the natural hair movement and I am for my black queens wearing their natural hair or permed hair whichever you prefer but I like my inches and I like changing up my hair depending on my mood, explaining further if I wanted to be natural I will wear my real hair but if I wanted to be Beyoncé I have my Three A Malaysian Bundles waiting for me.

Becoming done with her rant I held up a hand, "Ok, mom you can come along as well."

"Good." She smiled easily.

Looking at Robyn, she mouthed an 'I'm sorry', "Just try to stay in the background," Yeah right, can I remind you that I was birthed from this woman, there is no such thing as background with her, when she gave me a challenging look I re-routed my sentence, "Or just not so overwhelming, I think Isabella is going to love you."

I was supposed to be going to take pictures of them separately, in their home that was in the exclusive part of New York and getting to know about their past life before one another, I knew for a fact that Isabella was going to be a piece of cake especially with my mother being there she was going to have an extra audience member to entertain, but Bala was another story.

Bala was already tough as hell to crack, and almost impossible to read, he didn't like to open up to people when I went to his fitting appointment most of the things they did was just talk about boxing and his love for it, Maniac, Rico and Roz were amazing people and I could finally see a piece of Emilio not Bala, and my viewers ate it up because it reached at least one million views in the first night of me publishing it.

But I would be a complete idiot if I sat up here and said that I couldn't feel the tension between the two of us, so I wasn't the only one who thought what we did was highly inappropriate and that it was taken way too far. With it happening only a few weeks ago I was finally able to get a good footing on the situation and I was able to finally feel the appropriate way, it was a feeling of shame and disappointment granted we didn't do anything wrong, I still should have never been that close to him.

L A  B A L AOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara