xxii: the world's attention

22: The World's Attention

The butterfly effect.

The butterfly effect is the theory that one small change can later have a much larger effect later in time. For example, usually when you watch a movie that has something to do with time travelling you hear the person who has much more experience in time travelling say to the rookie, 'whatever you do, don't change anything you see, because one thing you change could have a bigger change in the present', to which the rookie usually doesn't listen to the man's warning and continues to make changes to the past and comes back into the present to see everything is out of whack.

Which leads me to today's topic, if you could have one chance to change something about the past, it could be something so small like going back in time to change the results to your test or avoiding walking into a locker that later caused you a major headache would you take it?

If I would have been asked this question a few months ago I would have taken it with lightning speed, but I guess the world works in weird ways because everything that I have been through put me here and I like where I am at. I finally get to see something else besides being this fashion icon the world expects me to be, I see myself being a fashion forward mother and wife and finally being truly happy.

Do you know how long it's been since I thought about going out and making an ass out of myself?

I'll answer that question for you my beauties, two months and three days, I haven't thought about drinking or getting high or hanging around with A-listers and the world's top designers and models.

"You ready princess?" Emilio said sitting on the edge of the bed.

He was dressed in NIKE attire from head to toe, shutting my laptop I said, "Yes."

He was going to show me around the  streets of Medellin and I was excited to see what Medellin held since so far from what I had seen showed that it had been my favorite place that I have visited.
Getting out of the bed he stood up and held out his hand to me.

Grabbing my camera I walked over to him and intertwined our fingers I shut the door behind us when we left the bedroom. We weren't going to be driving or having someone show us around since I felt like that it was going to take away from Medellin and I didn't want that.

Leaving the home he locked up and we walked down the long winding doorway, the sun was out, and a nice breeze was in the air, inhaling the afternoon air I said, "Do we have to go back?"

"Only for a few more months and then you can call this place home." He reassured placing an arm around my shoulder.

Walking to the gates he pressed in a code and like magic the doors opened walking through they closed behind us looking around I noticed that the home was the only home on the block, walking down the heel it led us immediately into the community and it didn't take long before little boys came running up to Emilio speaking to him frantically in Spanish.

Laughing I took a quick picture of him interacting with the boys, Emilio kneeled down to one of the boys and ruffled his hair, "Ya tenemos suficientes boxeadores mijo."

Taking another picture I felt someone tug on my shawl looking down a beautiful little girl met me, "I'm going to be the next La Bala."

Crouching down in front of her I took a picture and winked, "Well we're going have to have someone who can knock these boys on their butts."

Bumping fists with her she grabbed my hand and led me over to a group of girls, "Can you say that we're best friends it would make me really cool to my friends." I was always down with a 'Can't Buy Me Love' thing, I wouldn't mind being her Amanda Peterson, walking a little ways away from the group of boys I saw just how close we were to the community, walking over to a group of girls who were playing jump rope she yelled, "Conoce a mi nuevo amiga!" She yelled.

The girls stopped playing when they saw us and a girl with a pretty pink bow in her hair looked at me with wide eyes, "U-Usted es Majesty Jewels." Squealing she ran over to me, "las Majesty Jewels."

"She's freaking out because you're Majesty Jewels." The little girl beside me muttered.

Pink bow rushed forward to hug my waist causing me to laugh and hug her back, "It's nice to meet you, I love your bow."

"Really?" Both of the girls said in unison but the one I was being the Amanda Peterson to her Patrick Dempsey said it in a tone that was shocked.

The girl in the cute bow looked up at me with wide chestnut brown eyes, "¿Podrías ser mi amiga?" Taking a step back she held out a hand, "I-I'm Cataleya Sanchez, do you want to be my friend to?"

How could you turn down these eyes, nodding I tucked my hair behind my ear, "Of course."

The girls came running up to me introducing themselves to me and I even learned my Patrick Dempsey's name, Rosalie Garcia, was her name, "Ooh, Rosalie can you take a picture of us?!"

Cataleya yelled pointing at my camera.

Shrugging she nodded, "Sure if you let me have your dessert for the next week."

I see she is a very smart girl.

Rosalie nodded her head so fast I thought it was going to fall off and I have found the Latina mini-me, handing her the camera I said, "Just press this red button."

Kneeling down all the girls flanked around me and Cataleya found her way under my arm beaming at the camera Rosalie counted to three before taking the picture, getting up from my spot I said, "Let me take a picture of all of you."

"Are you going to put it on your blog?" Luciana with the bangs said smoothing her dress.

She reminded me of a mini Sofia.

Nodding I said, "Well of course now why wouldn't I?"

Taking a picture of the girls Cataleya led me over to the jump ropes and before I knew it I was handing my camera off to Luciana and I was jumping rope, and I was having the time of my life. Losing track of time I didn't even notice that a party had begun on the block and the adults were coming out, "Preciosa le damos la bienvenida felizmente con los brazos abiertos." The woman that I found out to be the parent of Rosalie said.  

"She said you were pretty and that we welcome you happily." Rosalie said swaying her hips to the music that I recognized to be Shakira.

Mrs. Garcia hugged me, before holding my hands and dancing in a circle with me, "Emilio has found a true gem with you Ms. Majesty."

Doing a mini cha-cha with her a blush formed against my cheeks, "Thank you Mrs. Garcia."

We ended up forming a circle of people clapping their hands to the beat, clapping my hands along with them, seeing an old man come into the circle he had a bright smile on his face doing a two-step intertwining our hands I followed his two-step.

Twirling me I laughed, and I was being pulled into the arms of Emilio who was looking down at me smiling, "Whatchu got?!"

Raising an eyebrow he lead me into a dance that required twirling and me rocking my hips against his kissing my shoulder he turned me to facing him again, wrapping my arms around my neck he kissed me on the head, "I love you." He said over the music.

"And I love you more."

Seeing a flash from my peripheral vision I saw Rosalie and Cataleya laughing as the camera was pointed in our direction, looking back at him he pushed a curl out of my face, "I love your hair curly mi amor."

"You have no choice honey, this is what happens when you drop me in water and you forget your straightener." I giggled.

"Come eat! Come eat!" Mrs. Garcia and Mrs. Sanchez said.

The look on my face must have been fucking priceless because it had Emilio laughing his ass off.

                          _____________

Thank you for the love. —A.A