Chapter 24

Rosie's POV

We sat on the roof staring up at the stars. We weren't in a conversation or even talking. We were just enjoying each other's company. Sleep drifted over me and I yawned. I rested my head on his shoulder as he played with my hand. After we got paired up to sell newspapers that first day I was here, we became really close. I told him everything and he did the same.

"Where do ya think you'll be in ten years?" he asked me.

"Um... Porbably married and with a kid. What about you?" I answer truthfully.

"I hope I'll have a good job an' a wife." he replies finding interest in our hands. He interlocked them and then put his flat against my own.

"What's ya biggest fear?" he asked again.

"I hate spiders. What about you?"

"I don't know. I guess I never really thought 'bout it." he answered. "Why you'se 'fraid of spiders?" he asked turning to me.

"Cause they have like seven eyes and eight hairy legs." I told him. He shook his head and smiled.

"What? It's normal to be afraid of spiders."

"I'm not sayin' it isn't. I jus' never understood it. You'se huge compaired ta a little spider."

"Yeah, but they're still scary," I looked up at him. He just laughed softly at me. I yawned again and this time he noticed.

"We should go ta bed," he said softly and I nodded. We both stood up and climbed back down to where the beds were.

"Goodnight," I said quietly as I walked to my bed.

"Goodnight," he said back to me as he climbed into his own bed. I layed in bed and thought about him. I do really like him, but I don't know if he likes me. And if we were together and things didn't work out, I don't want it ruining our friendship. He means to much to me and I don't want to lose him. I closed my eyes and soon fell asleep.

....

I grabbed my papers and started walking away from the group. I yelled out random headlines getting attention from people here and there.

After a couple of hours, I only had one more paper to sell. A tall man walked up to me from behind.

"Marie?" a voice called. Only Charlie knows my real name. Yes, Marie is my real name. Charlie started calling me Rosie when we met and that's the name I always use. I hated my real name, so I changed it. I turned around and saw a face I haven't seen in a while and frankly, I thought I would never see his face again.

"Jacob?"

A-N- I know this is really short and pretty bad, but I had writer's block so I was stuck... Please vote and comment! Thank you all! Love you all!