Chapter 2 - Sollux's POV

My name is Sollux Captor, and I just moved away from everything keeping me from falling apart.

I used to live in Florida with my two friends, Aradia and Feferi. I had a pretty easy-going life living with my brother Mituna until my dad came back. He made both of us move here, and it hasn't been the same since he burst into that door saying, "Hey douchewads, we're moving to New York!"

I shivered at the memory. I had never wanted him to come back. Ever. I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up, Mituna had said that eventually he would find us and make our life hell again. I should have listened.

I got out of bed, stretching. I walked over to my light, turning it on. I looked around, this was probably the cleanest my room would ever be. I had a flat screen with all the latest consoles, and two beanbag chairs facing it. I also had a supercomputer with a ton of wires connecting to it. That was my coding computer. I grabbed my laptop, deciding to check if any of my chums messaged me.

carcinoGeneticist [CG] began pestering twinArmageddons [TA] at 4:30 PM.

CG: HEY FUCKFACE. I'M OUT OF SCHOOL.

CG: ARE YOU EVEN IN SCHOOL YET?

TA: KK II 2tart 2chool tomorrow.

CG: WELL ITS ABOUT DAMN TIME YOU REPLIED.

CG: WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU EVEN DOING?

TA: II happened two be a2leep.

TA: Why are you me22agiing me anyway2?

TA: You're u2ually two bu2y or whatever.

CG: YOU NEVER TOLD ME YOUR NAME. I TOLD YOU MINE, BUT YOU NEVER SAID YOURS.

TA: Wow that2 what you me22aged me about KK?

TA: All you have two know ii2 that iit 2tart2 wiith a 'S' and end2 wiith a 'X'.

CG: OH OKAY SO YOUR NAME IS SEX.

TA: What iin the hell KK II wa2 beiing 2eriiou2.

CG: OH JUST TAKE A FUCKING JOKE.

CG: ANYWAYS, I'VE GOT TO GO, HOMEWORK ON THE FIRST DAY. TOTAL BULLSHIT.

carcinoGeneticist [CG] ceased pestering twinArmageddons [TA] at 5:00 PM.

cuttlefishCuller [CC] began pestering twinArmageddons [TA] at 4:45 PM.

CC: S)(-ELLO! 38)

TA: Oh hey FF. What2 up?

CC: Nofin, I was just wondering )(ow you were liking your new place in New York.

TA: IIt'2... okay II gue22...

TA: II'd rather be iin Floriida though.

CC: I'm s)(ore you will get some amazing fronds Sollux. 38)

TA: IIt2 2tiill not the 2ame though.

TA: 2tartiing all over and haviing two deal wiith my dad agaiin ii2 not what II wanted to do.

CC: I know. 38( And I miss you too, but I'm s)(ore that if anemone can do t)(is, it's you.

cuttlefishCuller [CC] ceased pestering twinArmageddons [TA] at 5:15 PM.

I sighed, getting up and tip-toeing down the stairs to the kitchen. I quickly grabbed a pop-tart before dashing back up stairs as quietly as possible and shutting my door. I took a bite, hearing my stomach growl.

This is something I don't want to get used to...