Forward

Your eyes followed your reflection in the mirror as you combed your wet hair.
It felt different wrapping your fingers around the handle with just four fingers and what was left of the fifth.
You sighed and lied the hairbrush aside.

Genji left a month ago.
Four weeks had passed since he said he would be away for a bit.
These weeks were filled with boredom, self pity, trying to get Hanzo healthy again and visiting a psychiatrist.

These visits were the absolute mood killer.
Every time you had a nice meal with sick Hanzo you had to go and talk to the old man.
He asked you how you felt and what you remembered at first, then he moved on to heavier questions.
But there was nothing you wanted to talk about.
Nothing you wanted to tell him.
All you wanted was some distraction.
Genji was good at distracting you, but he wasn't there.
So instead you went to the dojo and the gym.
Some bodyguards were willing to show you some self defense tricks and throws.
In these four weeks you managed to build up some muscles and learned the basics of Thai boxing.
And now you admired your new self in the mirror.

The air was still filled with sweet orchid smell from your bath.
Carefully you massaged the lotion into your skin. You kept sighing heavily and you only noticed after you put too much lotion into your hands and your legs where white from it.
"Ugh! This will take forever to soak in!" You scolded yourself and tried to use the excess lotion on your arms by bending down and rubbing your arms on your calves.

"I thought you would move more gracefully." A sneaky Hanzo laughed from behind you.
You turned around, just dressed in your underwear and covered in too much white lotion for you to find appropriate or attractive.
"Don't just sneak in here!" You half heartedly yelled at him.
He laughed at your false anger.
"You look beautiful." He said and moved closer to you.
Not wanting to ruin his clothes you dodged him. "Don't, you'll just have white stuff all over you."
You snorted. "That sounded more inappropriate than I wanted it to, sorry."
"I don't care." Hanzo closed the gap between you to kiss you. His hands wandered up your neck and held you in place as he pressed his lips onto your damp skin.
Through the lotion it was as if he was glued to you. Even the fabric of his yukata stuck to you like it belonged there.
Soon the air was filled with gasps and silent smooches.
Hanzo nibbled on your neck when you decided to push him back slightly.
"I would love to continue but I really need food." A grumble from your belly accompanied your complaint.

Hanzo looked down his yukata. You were right he was in fact covered in white lotion, especially his legs.
"Uhm, well then I can get straight to why I came here." He explained and tried to brush off some lotion but it just stuck to his hand instead and he helplessly shook it.
You took a towel and helped Hanzo clean himself off a bit.
"I want to invite you to have dinner with me." He offered while you wiped off his hands.
You remember the last time you wanted to have a fancy dinner with Hanzo.
He saw the worry in your face and cupped your cheek. "This time it'll be perfect." He assured you and you nodded into his touch.
"I'd like that." You smiled and put away the towel.
"But I think we should both get dressed first." He gestured down himself then you.
"Fancy again?" You asked taking his hand into yours and guiding him to your dressing room.
"I would say yes, but I want you to wear whatever you're comfortable with." He hugged your back as you looked through the clothes.
"Mmmh. It's quite cold today so I think I will go with this." You pointed to a warm yet elegant pullover.
"So slightly casual?" You asked without waiting for an answer because you were already putting on your outfit.
"Sure." He stuttered while watching you bend down to put on the jeans you sought out.
"I would have to change as well." He opened his arms to give you a better look on how bad your lotion messed up his yukata.
The thought of him leaving you alone flashed through your head.
"Would you like to come along?" As if he knew about your insecure thoughts he took your hand and went outside.