Restless

She coughed, she coughed out blood.
It splattered on the floor with a wet noise. Then it started pouring out of her body.
The blood covered the floor completely and it wouldn't stop following.
The red carpet stained your feet and wrapped around your ankles like it held you in place.
The dead eyes of Kumo stared into yours, unblinking she stood there with the expression of terror and pain on her face.
A fountain of blood flooded your legs, the blood raised and soon you were hip deep in it.
You tried to get away but Kumo's lifeless cold hands grabbed your shoulders and held you in place.

"YOU KILLED ME!"

She screamed and her fingernails dug into your skin as the blood rose further threatening to drown you.

You woke up abruptly kicking your legs and holding your throat as if unable to breathe.
Genji's hands rested on your shoulders as he tried to calm you down from your nightmare.
"Shh- it's okay, I'm here." His soothing voice helped you relax but the image of Kumo's face was burned into your brain.
"I saw her." You said and started crying into his shirt.
"I know. The first time is the hardest."
He hugged you tight and let you pour all your tears into the fabric of his black shirt.

It was about two weeks after your abduction.
Sojiro Shimada was back from his business trip and took care of alot of things.
Genji and Hanzo had wiped out Kumo's gang almost entirely. A few were still alive when the Shimada clan was cleaning up the sewers and canalisation tunnels. They were tortured until they gave away all of the other gang members.
They were all executed, either on the street or at their home.

This was an example to everyone who would dare to confront the Shimada. Although Sojiro didn't want to handle this publicly he was forced to do so when his sons butchered the whole defense Kumo put up.
The police was smart enough not to get involved, after all they now had less gangsters to look after.

You were brought back by Genji and Hanzo after you had finished off Kumo.
They had to carry you since your legs didn't obey. They tried talking to you but the only thing circling through your head was the pain.
Not the pain you had to endure but the pain you had given to Kumo.

"What if she had family?"

"A child?"

"Did I steal a child it's mother?"

The shock was deep and you weren't able to talk properly for at least four days.
Hanzo and his father had ordered surgeons and doctors to fly into Japan to take care of you.
From the moment your finger was cut off to when you got back into the Shimada castle twelve hours passed.
While the brothers were busy saving you the servants and the doctor that lives within the castle were able to cool your finger until you arrived back.
It would've been possible to sew it back onto your hand.
They were about to put you under anesthesia when they looked at the wound.
To stop the bleeding your kidnappers had burned out the wound.
Your nerves were severely injured and would have not be able to function anymore. Since it wouldn't do you any good to get surgery under these conditions and with you in a critical state they decided not to sew it back on.

Of course you had no idea what was going on at that time. All you remember is men with light green robes and facemasks.
And a hand. Someone held your hand, every day.
You liked the idea of Genji and Hanzo taking turns to hold hands with you.
And it was actually kind of true. Both came every day to check on you.
It helped you heal but it couldn't undo the damage done to you.

Hanzo had been the first one to notice the marks on your body, your torn clothes and dilated pupils.
They had put you under drugs, not only to immobilize you from fleeing but also for worse.
He knew you were violated by them and his anger nearly took control over him, but for you he held it in. He had to take you to a safe place.