Welcome Home Melissa

Start from the beginning

I scrub my body and hair. Getting out I wrap my hair in a towel and one around my body. Going into the walk-in closet I drop my towel to put on red lace panties and bra. Looking in the mirror I place my hands on my stomach I see the little bump. It's barely noticeable but it's there.

Tears come to my eyes, as I feel overwhelming worry come over me. I look into the mirror at the woman I have become.

"Don't over think things." I don't have to turn around to know who's behind me I meet her eyes in the mirror.

"Is it over thinking or is it plausible." I ask her as I turn to her.

"You know they love you." She returns.

"You can love someone and not be in love with them." I answer.

"I know you journey is going to be a long one, as I also know your past. I can sit here and tell you that they love you and you mean everything to them but in the end your route and what happens is set in stone." She says moving closer to me.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

I look into her eyes. She knows something bad is going to happen.

"I know everything Melissa, but knowing everything is a burden, one I will definitely not let set on your shoulders. If you knew when you where going to die would you want to know. Live everyday dreading that day coming, in panic knowing no matter what you do it will happen. No one or nothing you do can stop it." She says touching my shoulder.

"How does Mark live with it, he sees thinks all the time and he can't change anything he sees." I ask.

"It's something Mark lives with it's hard on him, he's seen when and how everyone around him dies. He doesn't let that determine his life though. He helps when he can, that's all he can do." She answers. 

I go to ask her something else when the closet door opens and in walks Mark. Taking in my outfit his eyes begin to glow.

"They are all waiting for you." He says walking towards me.

"I'm getting dressed." I get out before his lips land on mine.

After kissing me he rests his forehead against mine.

"You are so beautiful Melissa." He says.

I smile he's so sweet. I push down my worry and mounting fear. I lean forward and kiss his lips then back away. I walk over to get clothes deciding on a pretty maroon sundress and maroon flats (dress up above with the necklace). I put my hair up in a low side ponytail and put basic make-up on. Of course leaving the necklace Rebecca gave me still on considering it matched. I turn towards Mark.

"You look beautiful sweetheart." He says taking my hand and leading me to the stairs.

We walk down and find all the guys dressed in dress shirts and dress pants.

"They are waiting out back, are you ready?" Cole asks.

I swallow, my fear catching in my throat.

"It's alright love, we will be there with you." Luke says linking my hand into his.

Using his power he calmed me down. We walked into the kitchen where big double doors are that lead to the outside. I squeeze Luke's hand, he pulls up my hand to kiss it his eyes glowing. My anxiety melts away. Cole opens the door and walks out with Luke and I then Travis and Mark following. Looking up from the floor I meet the eyes of easily at least 100 smiling people.

"We are sorry for the wait, but we would like to introduce you to your Queen, Melissa." Cole says reaching for my hand.

Taking it he pulls me forward towards him. I swallow hard as I meet the happy expressions of the flock. I hear cheering and applauding of the people. Oh no my anxiety is about to go into overdrive. Just as I think I'm about to go into a panic attack I feel Luke's hands on my shoulders. And I feel the tension melt away.