In My Corner

Melissa's POV

Next thing I know im in the bedroom of the cabin. I look around puzzled, was that all just a dream?

"Don't look so worried im here, remember."

I look up shocked to see the goddess sitting at the end of my bed.

"So, that wasn't a dream?" I ask.

"no, but try to remember your the only one who can see me, so try to refrain from talking to me in front of others, don't want people thinking your crazy. " she replies with a small smile.

"oh my god, how am I going to explain my absence." I squeak out worried.

"say you went out for a jog, and if they yell say you were stressed about the mating." she says and she paces back and forth in front of the bed.

"Shouldn't you have teleported me outside then." I ask.

"yes, so get ready im going to flash you just outside of the woods, and remember, no one can see me so keep your cool." she says as she grabs my shoulders.

I blink and im outside in the woods outside the cabin, from a distance I can see people yelling and running around. I take a deep breath to calm my racing heart and start jogging for the cabin. As I reach the front walk all eyes are on me and none look happy, especially my mates they are fuming, except mark who just looks hurt.

"Where the hell have you been." growls cole. Walking towards me with mad steps he grabs me by my arms and shakes me.

"Answer me." he yells, I look at the ground and grimace, they should be mad I deserve this.

"Enough Cole." luke yells, walking up pulling him off me.

"Sweetie are you ok, what happened?" travis asks walking up to kiss my forehead.

Mark stays silent as I take another deep breath I look up from the ground and notice that the werewolves were shifting and looking through the woods.

"I went on a jog." I reply pushing the lie out.

Coles eyes went yellow and his clothes rip off his body, it happens so fast I could feel my heart stop, as he lunges for me travis grabs me and in a blink we were back at the compound in my room.

"Sweetie, why did you lie?" Travis asks with a hint of anger in his voice.

"I didn't." my gut reaction lie spills out of my mouth. Out the corner of my eye I see the goddess sitting in the chair in the corner looking worried.

she mouths its going to be ok, just as Travis grabs my face turning my head to meet his eyes.

"You really going to stand there and lie to me, we are mated melissa I feel your emotions and can read your thoughts and your going to lie to me!" he yells clinching his jaw.

"I can't tell you what happened I made a promise." I whisper.

He laughs a evil laugh, I never this side of him and I don't like it.

"You can't tell me your life mate what happened?" he says pissed off.

"don't tell him, it could put me in danger I don't know who is around." she says with a hurt look now standing right next to me with a sad look on her face.

"I know!" I scream, looking mad and hurt, it hurts that I hurt him that im hurting all of them, but I made a promise what am I supposed to do.

"You know what?" he yells.

"Im strating to wish you weren't our mate." he whispers really low but I could still hear it, it felt like a knife stabbing into my heart and twisting. Tears flow down my face I grab my chest and reach out for him with my other hand, he shakes his head and steps away and flashes out of my room. I clasp to the ground my body shaking with sobs as I cry the pain out.

"Oh dear goddess that's not what I wanted to happen, Travis was always hotheaded in moments of trauma. " she says as she lifts my body and lays it on my bed.

Just as I hit the pillow, my body gets shocked with pain, as I scream, gripping the sheets, my body starts sweating, I look at the goddess for answers to see her eyes open I shock to, not in pain but worry. Just as she was about to say something my mates come running through the door.

"Its the mating pain, she needs to mate mark." cole says with a smirk. Luke and Mark also smile.

Talk about flash emotions, just 15 mintues ago he was pissed. I look around and my heart sinks I don't see Travis. Anger rushes over me.

"no, more no, I wont do it again." I gasp out as the pain increases.

They all look shocked including the goddess I push myself up on my elbows and take a deep breath as sweat pours off my body.

"I can't do this anymore,  its just too much." I say looking down.

I fall back on the bed looking at the wall as tears fall down my checks.

"Babe, if you don't do this, the pain will cause your body to go into shock, you will die." Luke says as he approaches the bed.

"I know." I say. tears falling down my face, I pray in my head that my parents are waiting for me.