Blue Robes, The Proper Boy Magnets

"John, John wait!" Sherlock called, jumping from his seat and yelling rather loudly for the return of John's attention. Molly groaned loudly, feeling the strongest urge to just let her face fall into her breakfast so as to avoid having to look at what was playing out. Why don't these idiots just let things play out! Why did they have to be so rash and unpredictable!? The Great Hall quieted for a moment, for even if the two people in the center of all this yelling were unknown (which they weren't, for they were both champions) such bellowing would still call their attention. Since the two were well known, however, the silence lasted longer. They watched longer. John turned back with a bit of an embarrassed smile, and suddenly Molly was terrified that Sherlock would do something just a little bit too rash. She was suddenly afraid that this would be the same situation with Reginald at Beauxbatons...when Sherlock kissed him in front of the majority of the student body without much warning or much pretenses at all. He just decided that he ought to just do it, and now this seemed to be lining up to be the same situation. Sherlock had no self-control when it came to boys he loved, and Molly was almost on her feet to stop him when she realized that this was all just too inopportune. If she stopped him now he might think she supported his relationship with Victor and was in turn trying to screen him from any other romantic contact. If she let this play out, however, Victor might think she was supporting Sherlock's relationship with John...why did she always get caught up in these ridiculous love triangles anyway! Why didn't she just befriend Mary Morstan in first year like the rest of the girls in her year? They say girls have drama, well just imagine how horrible it was to be friends with two pining gay boys!
"John I just wanted to say...you don't need a reason to talk to me. I don't mind." Sherlock assured in a breath, standing rather close to John but a good distance away so that his words could carry unheard by eavesdroppers but far enough so that his lips were a good distance away from John's. John didn't seem to know how to take such a statement; he was much too straight to think anything of it presumably. And so he just nodded, donning that smile that boys wore when they were unsure if they were supposed to laugh or run away. It was painful, very painful, to have to watch.
"Yes um, well thanks then." John said with a nervous shrug, for he obviously didn't know what to do. Sherlock nodded and scampered back to his table, sitting down in his place on the bench while John disappeared back towards his seat. Molly was exasperated while Victor was downright angry, and together they made the ultimate pair disappointment. Jeanette was smiling, but Molly was sure she didn't really know what was going on anyway.
"Sherlock you're crazy, just let it be next time, let it be!" Molly begged.
"I couldn't just let Victor scare him away, what if he didn't come back? What if he actually thought that I didn't want him around?" Sherlock wondered in a whiny sort of voice, looking quite proud of himself for actually chasing John down. He looked as if he legitimately thought that was the right thing to do.
"Why would you want him around now?" Victor wondered in a hopeful sort of voice, still unable to connect the dots that were veering so close together now that they would crash into each other! He was basically closing his eyes in an attempt to ignore what was in front of him!
"Why would I not, Victor? Do I have any reason to ignore the love of my life?" Sherlock growled.
"But I thought..." Victor faltered, looking towards Jeanette nervously as if realizing that he now had an audience. He looked quite sad, in this moment, quite upset.
"We can discuss this later." Molly suggested.
"Oh my God, is there something between them now?" Jeanette whispered to her, leaning over so as to keep her voice down, making Molly cringe with the power of such a question. She had no idea what Sherlock would want her to say, and so she just pretended she hadn't heard the question. Well what else was she supposed to do? If she said yes she would be lying, but if she said no she would be lying as well! This wasn't her secret to share! Molly just ate her fruit salad, perfectly happy to let the boys figure it out on their own later, where she didn't have to listen and didn't have to keep any secrets. However that never worked out very well, did it? Molly was the mediator, and she wouldn't be doing a very good job if she threw the both of them into a room and forced them to figure it out. No that would probably only make matters worse.