12 | ғσσℓ ιи ℓσνє

Start from the beginning

"You know what's funny?"

I lifted a brow.

"That Mr. Adney picked up on the fact that Preston was into you."

"He said that he kept looking at me."

"Well, yeah." He flopped onto my bed and began to get comfortable by slipping his legs under my comforter. "But how would he know that unless he was doing the same thing?"

I followed suit by climbing into my brother's bed on the opposite side of the room with my laptop in hand. I had already begun to pull up Felix's Facebook page again, but despite what Bobby might have believed, there was no possible chance for me to get with him, no matter how brilliantly beautiful he was. "You gotta stop with that. I'm not even into him."

"Yeah?" Bobby's voice lingered in the air. I couldn't see him, but I knew he had to be smiling that little conceited grin of his. "Then why are you stalking his profile?"

"I'm not," I lied easily.

"Or you're watching gay porn and jerking off to him."

I pulled my hands out of my pants and sent him an invisible glare. "I'm admiring from afar."

He countered with, "that's synonymous with stalking."

"You're synonymous with annoying."

Bobby's thick laugh filled the air, but that was all that was said for a while. Nothing else could be heard aside from the slight whir of the air conditioning and the clicking noise my mouse made every time I tapped through Felix's profile. I mistook the silence for Bobby having fallen asleep, so I shifted in my brother's bed to get in a more comfortable position to quietly and shamelessly stalk my chemistry teacher. Ten minutes later, Bobby called my name, making me jump in my skin.

"Ry, are you sleeping?"

"Yeah," I responded with an eye roll.

"Don't you think it's funny how I'm always the one you experiment on?"

I tore my eyes away from my laptop and stared at the ceiling instead. "What are you talking about?"

"In second grade," he clarified, and at the mention of such a pivotal part in our friendship, I flinched, "you kissed me."

I sat up abruptly, staring at Bobby through the darkness. "You remember that?"

"My memory's not complete shit," he spat, sounding quite amused. "Of course I remember it. You were my first kiss."

My stomach began to turn again. "I was?" The only reason why I kissed Bobby back in second grade was because everyone was teasing me about not having kissed anyone yet. Bobby was one of those people, saying that he already had his first kiss with Traci Denuma. "Are you fucking kidding me, Bobby? You lied to me."

"Everyone was lying to you, Ryan. No one in our class actually had their first kiss. They were just pretending they did to sound cool."

"Jesus," I breathed out in exasperation as I fell back onto the bed. The most embarrassing moment of my life thus far could've totally been avoided if I hadn't succumb to the second grade standards. Hell, if I didn't kiss Bobby in the first place, I wouldn't be feeling what I was currently feeling.