12 | ғσσℓ ιи ℓσνє

Start from the beginning

And that was the last we spoke to each other until after dinner was over and it was time for him to leave.

I should've let him leave. Time apart was what we needed after today's events, but for some reason, my heart hurt to watch him walk out of the front door, so I asked, "Do you wanna stay over?" The words flew out of my mouth before I could recant them, and it wasn't like I was surprised that they did. I knew this would happen eventually, especially right after I had blown Bobby with all the power in the world. Even if we did have a little mishap afterward, I wouldn't have traded the experience for anything else. It was his dick for Christ's sake! His big, thick, juicy...

"Why would I stay over?" Bobby spun around and folded his arms across his hard chest, his brows drawn together to resemble one single line.

"It's, uh ... it's getting late."

"It's only seven, Ryan."

"Well, what about Chem? You said you wanted to study together." In that moment, I really wished the gods would have struck me with lightning to get me to stop running my mouth. Did dick really make it that hard to keep my cool?

"You said Mr. Adney was going to help you study," he retaliated.

"Yeah, yeah, I did, but—" Squeezing my eyes shut and violently shaking my head to get rid of all the nasty thoughts entering my mind, I said, "—just stay over, please."

Bobby raised a questioning brow, but it didn't take long for his signature smug grin to reappear. "Alright, but just 'cause you said please."

I might've been abusing our friendship, fully aware that Bobby would go through hell and back to do things that he thought would make me happy, but I didn't care. I wanted him to stay and I was going to do anything to make sure he did.

Bobby waltzed back into the house. With a smile dominating my face, I led the way back to my bedroom where my brother was positioned on our bean bag chair, upside down, typing away at his phone. "Bobby's staying over," I told him, making him flip onto his side to stare at me.

"Seriously, Ryan? My back still hurts from practice today."

"Bobby is staying over," I repeated, this time with a much deeper, strained voice. My brother gave me a look of berated disbelief, but not much time passed before he shot to his feet to gather his belongings for a night's rest on the living room couch.

Once he was gone, I pushed the door closed and locked it. Bobby moved across the room to begin to raid my dressers in search of something to wear and when he finally had, he  lifted his shirt over his head and threw it to the floor, revealing his toned back muscles. He flexed unknowingly which certainly didn't make anything better. "Fuck," I whispered under my breath, silently wondering how I let it get to this point.

I watched him undress, trying my hardest to not let it faze me. I had already seen him naked plenty of times, but after having such an intimate moment really changed the way I viewed him. My sexual feelings were all that consumed my thoughts, so Bobby had to call my name a few times for me to finally hear his questions. "I said, what are you going to do about preppy Preston? Are you still going to be his partner?"

"Oh." I grimaced at the memory of the brown-eyed boy. "I'll have to find someone else, or I can continue to be his partner and constantly remind him of what he couldn't have."