11. 𝐅 𝐎 𝐑 𝐌 𝐀 𝐋 𝐈 𝐓 𝐘

╔═════☆★☆═════╗
𝐃𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐄
●●●
𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐍𝐄:
11. 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐘
╚═════★☆★═════

---

𝐒𝐂𝐎𝐓𝐓 𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐒 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐈𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐘 𝐂𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐄 when the sharp light burns his eyes. He sits up just as his eyes fall on the veterinarian who's standing at the table in the corner.
“Welcome back to the land of the conscious. You doing okay?” Deaton asks him. Scott stands up from the table causing him to stumble forward. Deaton chuckles at his attempt.

“Maybe you should sit down, huh?“ Deaton suggests to him. The bell jingles causing Scott to frown. He suddenly got a sensation going through his body. It immediately alerted him of who the person could be.
Deaton walks out and stops at the entrance of the examination room.

“Hello?” Deaton calls out and the door closes. “I'm sorry, but we're. . .We're closed.“ Deaton looks at the man in front of him.

“Hi there. I'm here to pick up,” the man says causing Scott in the back to go hide in a corner away. “I'm not sure I remember you dropping off,” Deaton says calmly. “This one wandered in on its own.”

“Even if he did, I'm afraid I can't help you. We're closed,” Deaton tells him.

"I think you can make an exception this one time. Don't you?"

“I'm sorry. That's not going to be possible. Maybe you could come back during regular hours,” Deaton says looking straight at Peter not flinching or hesitating at all.

“You have something of mine. I'm here to collect it,” Peter tells him walking closer. “Like I said, we're closed.” Peter sighs and runs his hand against the woods that's separating him from the vet. A soft static sizzle can be heard as he drags his hand over it.

“Mountain ash. That's an old one,” Peter says looking at the man from under his eyebrows. Peter turns around and picks up a chair throwing it at Deaton but it breaks against the mountain ash barrier.

“Let me be as clear as possible. We are closed.”

Peter walks towards the door but stops knowing that Scott can hear him. "There are others who can help me get what I want, Scott. More innocent and far more vulnerable,” Peter whispers to himself. Scott's eyes widen in realization.

“Layla!” Scott says his eyes wide. He had to stop him before he does something to the girl.

▷▷▷

“Call it again.”

“It's not here. So you lost your phone. Why don't you just get a new one?” Stiles asks his best friend. Scott was rummaging through his room looking for his phone while Stiles was seated in a chair.

“I can't afford a new one. And I can't do this alone. We have to find Derek,” Scott tells him looking around for his phone.

Well, A, you're not alone. You have me. And B, didn't you say Derek walked into gunfire? He sounds pretty dead,” Stiles says.

“Argent's plan was to use him to get the Alpha. They're not gonna kill him,” Scott tells his best friend.

“All right, so then just let them do what they're planning, you know? They use Derek to get Peter, problem solved,” Stiles says as if it was that easy.