08. 𝐋 𝐔 𝐍 𝐀 𝐓 𝐈 𝐂

╔═════☆★☆═════╗
𝐃𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐄

●●●
𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐍𝐄
08. 𝐋 𝐔 𝐍 𝐀 𝐓 𝐈 𝐂
╚═════☆★☆═════╝

------

𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊 𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐋𝐀 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐘𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐃𝐀𝐃'𝐒 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐄 since she knew her mom would be suffocating them. She knows Lydia is use to that but she certainly wasn't.
Also she wanted some peace and quiet and that was the only place she would get it. Her mom and Lydia kept bombarding her and she hated that. Her father at least respected her privacy.

She tries to open the door but it's locked. "Dad, if you're going to insist on driving me to school, you at least have to, you know, let me out of the car," Layla tells him glaring at him from the backseat.

"Honey, I just want to make sure you are safe," her dad says. Layla groans as she shakes her head. "Dad," Layla says through gritted teeth. He sighs as he opens the door. She smiles and leans over to give him a kiss on his cheek.

"Bye," she says and gets out. She closes the door and walks off towards the entrance of the school. She runs up the steps past everyone as she tries to hide her face with her hair. She wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone.

"Layla!" she groans when she hears someone calling out to her. She turns around and groans when she sees Aaron.

"Hey, Layla. I just wanted to tell you I'm sorry about the other day-" Layla sighs interrupting him by lifting up her hand.

"It's fine Aaron, but will you excuse me. I have to go," she tells him and immediately runs up the steps away from him. She really wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone right now.

▷▷▷

The bell rings just when Allison, Lydia and Layla walks down the hall next to each other. "It's just weird. Everybody's talking about what happened the other night, and nobody knows it was us," Allison says looking around.

"Thank you for the protection of minors," Lydia says. Layla bites her lip as she walks in the middle of the two of them.

"Do you guys think I made the wrong decision?" Layla asks them looking down at her feet with her books in hand.

"About that shoes with that jacket? Absolutely," Lydia tells her sister scoffing. Layla rolls her eyes as she looks at her booties.

"You know what I mean," Layla tells them. "Yes. Scott locked us in that classroom and left us for dead," Allison tells her causing her to look down.

"He's lucky we're not pressing charges or making him pay our therapy bills," Lydia adds as the warning bell rings indicating that it was time for the first period.

. . .

Layla looks towards the door looking at the students who's filing in to the room. They were going to write a Chemistry test today and Layla didn't study at all. She knew everything but she was still a bit nervous.

She looks down when she sees Scott walking in. He stops at the door causing her to look up again. She looks back down looking at the paper in her hand. "Layla," Scott calls out to her.