Liam was never serious when it came to dealing with small underlings like Aquile Neres. After all, it wasn't worth the time and effort to deal with these guys. Groups like these are usually controlled by a larger gang or mafia. They cannot survive on their own. It was better to deal with whoever was ordering them to do the dirty work and teach them a lesson; to never mess with the Parkers. 

The walls of the building was scribbled with black eagles, a sign that the building belonged to them. Looking at them, my mind flew to my younger years when I had joined this group to rebel against my parents. 

I started as a regular member, but quickly rose to a high rank and eventually, held an important position at the mafia group that was controlling Aquile Neres. Those were all a long time ago, but I still remember how they operate which is why Liam and I were heading to the basement where they usually held their hostages captive. 

As we were walking down the stairs, our steps were as quiet as a leaf falling on the ground. We stopped briefly when we heard men speaking.

"Man, I can't take this atmosphere. So intense." one said. 

"Tell me 'bout it. But the boss must be getting desperate if he resorts to kidnapping--" before he could finish his sentence, he dropped to the ground. Soon, his colleague collapsed. My eyes searched for Liam and sure enough, he had already taken them down swiftly. 

I sighed. These guys were going to learn a lesson they will never forget. Liam wasn't going to hold back.

The two men were guarding a steel door which Liam quickly opened, making a screeching sound which made me cringe. I followed quickly behind him, and each time we saw someone, it took only a moment for them to drop dead on the floor. 

"Hey, leave some action for me." I complained as I checked the pulse of one of the men that fell down. Liam said nothing. He was too fixated on saving his son. 

We continued until we reached the furthest room of the basement. Unfortunately, this time, there were about five people guarding the door, talking amongst themselves. Liam and I stayed low and hidden from them. I looked over to Liam and nodded. He was there, Jace was surely there. 

We waited for a while, listening to their conversation. 

"Is the kid fed?" 

Bingo. 

"Nah, he doesn't wanna touch the food." 

"Maybe he wants McDonalds instead." 

"So what happened to him?" 

"When the boss didn't receive anything this morning, he made Alvez beat the kid up." 

I quickly glanced over to Liam whose eyes went ablaze and face turned dark. Well, there goes the plan of keeping them alive. 

Liam got up from where he was hiding and quickly attacked the five men. All of their eyes widened at the surprise and raised their weapons at him. Some started shooting their hand guns, but Liam was able to dodge them. I stepped out of the darkness to help Liam, knocking some of the opponents' guns out of their possessions. 

Some of the men whimpered in fear and were about to screamed for help, when Liam kicked at their throats to keep them from screaming. 

"Leave them alive, Ezra. These scums don't deserve a quick death." Liam said darkly which surprised me since he wasn't the type to torture people. He always thought that it was a waste of time. 

Without delay, he opened the door. 

Some men from inside probably heard what was happening from outside and as soon as the door opened, bullets started raining down. Unfortunately for them, Liam and I were hidden from both sides of the door and when the bullets subsided, we quickly entered by attacking the men in front of the door. 

The room was dimly lit, thus hindering us from completely seeing our surroundings. Out of nowhere, men attacked, but they were weak and quickly brought down. My eyes scanned the room for a child, but the light was too dim for me to be able to see someone. It must have been the same case for Liam since he didn't move from his spot, but simply looking around him. 

As I took out a small flashlight from my pocket, someone emerged from the darkness with a gun pointed to a... child. 

I quickly noted the child's appearance which was almost a replica of Liam, save for the child's golden hair. However, it was his eyes that assured me that he inherited it from his father. A light shade of green, reminding me of the refreshing nature. If I met him in any other circumstances, I'm sure his eyes would have amazed me more, but the fear that was stricken on face was unforgettable. 

The side of his lip was stained with purple, a sign that he had been beat up. His face had a few bruises where dry blood was clearly seen. Over his body were more patches of purple and bruises. His clothes were dirty, and he was missing a shoe, his white sock now a muddy colour. 

"Sick bastards, beating and torturing a kid." I whispered. 

The man that held him hostage looked just as scared. 

"D-don't come closer! I-if you come any closer, I-I-I'll finish him off!" he screamed. Jace's face reddened and tears started rolling down. I only noticed then that his eyes were puffy and tired. Poor kid must have cried a lot. 

Liam was silent as he slowly walked towards the two of them.

"I said d-don't come closer!" the man said again, this time, sounding even more scared. He pointed the gun closer to Jace's head which made Liam stop on his track for a short moment before speeding to the middle-aged man, firstly knocking his gun off his hand, taking it from him and pointing it to him. 

"Let the kid go or I'll shoot." he said so coldly, it sent shivers down my spine. The man must have sensed the bloodlust in his voice and aura and quickly let go of Jace. 

The kid dropped to the ground as he started sobbing. Liam seemed to be snapped from his bloodlust trance and looked down. He looked at Jace with such gentleness and frailness, as if afraid that one wrong look will break him. 

Liam threw the gun and kneeled down, picking Jace onto his arms and carrying him. I could see the mixture of hurt and pity in Liam's eyes. He momentarily glanced at me and I quickly understood what he was trying to say. I smiled.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure they all regret what they did." 

_________________________________________________

HELLO!!! So here we are, Jace is finally rescued! 

Soooo, some of you might say that he was too easily saved or that things got dealt with so quickly, but let me explain. 

First of, there is a reason why and read more to understand and find out why! 

Secondly, I didn't want the story to completely revolve around Jace's kidnapping. After all, this is still Iris and Liam's story. 

So yeah! 

Updates will still be slow, but they will gradually pick up soon. 

Thank you for always supporting TBRW! It means a whole lot ☺️

Love y'all! 💕