He came back a few hours later, he said "Adeline." I ignored him but heard him getting out of his outside clothes and then lay down in the bed. He laid down with me and I was ready to cry again. He was rubbing my back and said "baby talk to me."

I said "I want you out the streets."

He said "but ba-"

I said "no buts. I'm terrified every time you leave that you aren't coming back. My child isn't going to be worried like that too."

He said "Adeline I love you, you know this but I can't right now."

I said "but you love the streets more so this is over because I'll be damned if I become a single mother due to my baby girl's dad dying."

He said "yeah you really on some shit if you think I'm leaving."

I got up off the bed and said "it's either the streets or me. PICK!"

He said "don't do this Adeline."

A single tear fell from my eye and I replied "you made your choice." I got up and grabbed my keys leaving the house and going to my mama's grave.

I sat there until it was dark outside and eventually I started feeling somewhat better but still horrible. My princess was kicking and making me want a chocolate milkshake and a big old pickle. I stopped at this ice cream place near the house and when I got home I grabbed the jar of pickles and dipped the pickles in my milkshake. Amir came down the steps and said "babe I was so worried about you!"

I said "I'm not your babe, call the streets your babe because that's what ya chose."

He tried to touch me but I moved so he couldn't. He said "Adeline please you wouldn't even let me finish."

I said "then say what you have to say and say it quick."

He came over to me and got down on one knee. He said "I wasn't at the trap because your engagement ring came in but I didn't want to ask you like this. I wanted to be in perfect terms when I asked. Not you trying to leave me."

I was crying so hard by now because like I love him so much. I never expected this. I said "I'm sorry. You probably don't even want to ask anymore. I'm such a..."

He put his hand over my mouth and said "Adeline Cynthia Elliot, will you please marry me?"

I said "oh my god. Yes Amir! I'm -." He cut me off by putting the ring on my finger and kissed me.

He said "I love you."

I said "I love you too daddy."

He wrapped his arms around me then said "baby did you pee yourself?"

I said "what? No." I looked down and seen my pants were SOAKED. I said "I think my water just broke."

He said "oh shit."

I said "it's ok, I'm not in any pai—- aahhh shit. Get me to a fucking hospital."

He said "calm down, change your pants then we can go."

I took them off and put on some leggings. I said "Amir..."

He said "come on mamas." He pulled me and we went to the car. He grabbed the baby bag and a towel. I laid down in the seat and he rubbed my leg.

I said "please drive."

He said "ok mamas."

He drove and as he was driving he called everyone. When we got there I said "baby, I'm scared."

When we got inside he said "AYOOO MY FIANCÉ IS IN LABOR! HELP!"

I said "shut up Amir, it's not like I'm dying."

The doctor came over and they wheeled me to go to a room. When we got to the room I put the gown on and Amir said "you don't even strip that quick for me."

I said "shut up. Take my bra off and tie this."

He said "don't mind if I do."

I said "you are so annoying."

He said "my baby is butterball naked under that."

I smacked his arm and he kissed me. I got up into the bed and laid down within minutes the doctor got everything set up. Dr. Kristina Baker, my favorite doctor, said "alright Addy, you are only 6 centimeters dilated. 4 more and we can get your little girl out."

I said "alright thank you." She left and Amir was staring at me. I said "yes baby?"

He said "you really about to be a mom. I'm bout to be a dad. This is crazy. I love you yo."

I smiled and said "I love you too." He moved the chair right next to me.

He said "awh gimme kisses."

He stood up and I grabbed his chin and gave him a big kiss. I said "look at your waves, lil cute ass."

He said "far from little."

I said "yeah yeah I know."

He gave me a kiss again, and was rubbing my belly. He said "you better cut it out."

As he sat back down Nini and James came in and I smiled. I said "bestfriend!"

She said "awh hi beautiful! I brought you some food."

I said "thank you! Amir was trying to starve me."

Mir said "that's a damn lie. She didn't ask for any food."

Tanisha said "wait a minute. Excuse me what is on your finger?"

I said "oh yeah that happened. Sorry."

She said "oh my god. Awwwh Amir finally stopped being a punk ass. Let me guess her water broke after you asked her?"

Amir said "yup and I ain't no punk ass little girl. And before she tried to break up with me. So that sums up our day."

I said "oh hush! Hey James! Why you over there looking all weird and mean."

He said "what's up sis? Sorry I'm high as shit."

I groaned because of a hard contraction. I said "fuuuuuckk."

An hour later my brother and Nana came in. Abe said "how you feeling my nigga?"

I said "I'm in pain."

Amir said "a whole lot. She's about to break my hand."

4 hours later

My daughter was born

Amina Nicole Evans
October 13th 2019
5:30pm