The Dungeons

DECIDE'S eyes flickered open. She lay on her side, hands and feet bound in rough, braided rope. She tasted blood in her mouth. Her entire body hurt like hell, and the gash from the arrow that had hit her thigh stung badly- it was most likely infected.

As her eyes adjusted to the darkness, she was able to discern her surroundings. She was at the back of a cell in the Guild's underground dungeons. The cell, she realized with a jolt of fear, that was renowned for being inescapable. She'd helped to design that cell many years ago... and knew the things that had happened in it. The gritty floor was stained with a thick layer of gore, even after being washed many times.

Inescapable.

She wriggled within her bindings, and got herself into a seated position, her legs stretched in front of her, and her hands uncomfortably behind her back. She leaned forwards, trying to catch a glimpse of the other cells- hoping that one of her kidnapped friends would be there.

Two cells away a small form wrapped in a blue shawl lay sprawled on the cold floor. Petrouli. Decide gritted her teeth. They'd stoop to torturing a small child? The Guild had sunk so low.

In the distance she heard a scream, which morphed into a growl, then a howl of pain and rage.

Luca. Were they torturing the lycanthrope? Decide hoped desperately that that was not the case. But the assassins of the Guild were all sadistic bastards. They'd do anything for a chance to test things on a creature of the Darke...

She needed to escape now, and save the two boys- if she stayed for too long who knew what sort of awful things would become of them. Decide rotated her arms over and past her head, cracking her shoulders as she did so. She rested her hands on her lap, arms sore from twisting them in a bad way. She used to be able to do that easier a couple years ago... she was getting old.

She began to untie the laces of her left boot. Once she got them off, she looped them around the bonds encasing her ankles and began to pull them back in forth as fast as she could. The hard laces of her boots began to saw through the thick rope, and soon she was able to untie her legs. She did the same with her hands, although it was a bit trickier, and she had to use her feet to help her. But soon enough the bonds tying her hands together were off too, and she laced her boot back up.

"Hey... Petrouli..." she whispered at the unconscious child. Gently, she rattled the bars of the cell. Petrouli stirred in his sleep, but didn't wake.

Footsteps sounded in the corridor, nearing the cells. Decide had learned every of the assassin's step patterns during her time at the Guild, memorizing each detail of the sounds- the heels hitting the floor, the gap of time between each step, the heaviness with which their feet hit the ground, and the pace of their steps. Decide confirmed this person to be none other than Marh- and quickly adjusted the cut ropes to seem as if she'd never freed herself. She'd surprise him as he entered the cell, knock him out and lock him in her place, take his keys and weapons, rescue the prophet and the werewolf, find where they'd stashed her stuff, and escape.

Marh came into view and stopped outside her cell. Decide raised her head, glaring at him. "If you release my companions, I'll let you do whatever you want to me, I swear it," she said. "Release them. They have nothing to do with this."

Marh raised an eyebrow. "Whatever I want, huh? Including killing you?" Decide frowned. "Preferably not that."

"You're not in a place where you can make decisions, Decide."

"I'm making you an offer."

"Hmmph." Marh crossed his arms, contemplating.

"Please release my companions, Marh."