Kageyama Tobio | Rest

i think kags's s/o would make him so soft and ooc, but in the beginning, b4 they get 2gether, he'd have a hard time expressing his feelings well, so their relationship might not be that different than it is with someone like shoyo :')

Once Ukai signaled the end of practice, the volleyball club immediately went to drink from their water bottles that you'd helped Kiyoko and Yachi fill. You had almost nothing to do with the volleyball club, but after months and months and months of hearing Kageyama and Hinata talk about it, you decided to come to a practice and see what the hype was all about.

What you hadn't realized, however, was that the boys' practice went on for hours. You hadn't gotten much sleep the night before, so that didn't help much as you sat with your back against the wall of the gym, watching the practice.

Once the boys came to drink water, Kageyama had taken a seat on the floor next to you, which is how he finds himself in this current situation.

"Kageyama," Hinata calls as he helps Yamaguchi fold the volleyball net. "What are you going to do about (y/n)-chan?"

Kageyama looks at you, with your head on his shoulder, sound asleep.

As much as he wants to go home, he doesn't mind staying here, if only for a few more minutes.

You look so peaceful and he doesn't want to disturb that.

Earlier today, you had looked so tense and weary from not being able to sleep much, and it had honestly worried him, even if he didn't show it. He felt relieved to see you rest so peacefully.

"I... don't know," Kageyama mutters softly.

The gentle tone of Kageyama's voice is enough to get the entire club to stop what they're doing, afraid that if they move, the precious moment would end. Even Tsukishima didn't dare tease the setter (though it was damn hard not to).

It was their first time seeing him like this, so they marveled at the sight of Kageyama with his face relaxed as he absentmindedly watched your sleeping form, as opposed to his usual scrunched up face and expression that is a dead giveaway to how occupied his thoughts are with volleyball.

It makes everyone, except Hinata who was in the same class as you and is observant enough to understand how Kageyama feels about you, wonder just how special (y/n) is, and even more so just how special (y/n) is to the setter.

The slight blush on Kageyama's cheeks is enough to tell those observant enough to look that maybe the setter himself doesn't even know the unique place (y/n) has made for themselves in his life. Maybe he'll realize soon.

Suga smiles and is the first to move again.

"Whatever you decide, just don't forget to turn off the lights, ok?"

The first year nods quietly in response, and brings a hand up to shake your shoulder just as the last person leaves the gym.

You wake slowly, blinking in the fluorescent lighting.

You lift your head and meet Kageyama's eyes, the most confused look on your face that he finds absolutely adorable.

"Blueberry...?"

His nickname is all it takes for him to completely melt before you, but he doesn't show it as he clears his throat.

"Practice is over," he says slowly.

"What?" You stop leaning against Kageyama. "What the heck, Tobio! You should have woken me earlier..."

The quiet atmosphere is shattered as Kageyama's vein pops.

"Well what else was I supposed to do?! Not let you rest?! I was so worried—"

The instant the beginnings of his last sentence leave his mouth, and the instant your eyes widen, he shuts his mouth.

Those.... were definitely not the words he had wanted to say.

"You were worried about me?"

"Like hell I was! Shut up!"

extended ending;

The volleyball club had stayed after they closed the doors to listen in on the conversation, expecting to hear a sweet confession from their setter, only to hear shouting.

"Like hell I was! Shut up!"

Suga sweat-dropped, taking a step back from the doors.

"I guess I misunderstood their relationship," he says, scratching the back of his neck. "It's not that different from his with Hinata's..."

Asahi laughs nervously, nodding in agreement.

"Eh?" Hinata looks genuinely confused, knowing how the two usually are during the school day. "I think it's going well!"