Kuroo Tetsurou | Color {Soulmate AU}

Kuroo sighed, stuffing yet another heart-shaped box into a grocery bag. "Have a happy Valentine's Day," he says quite unenthusiastically as he handed the bag to the teenage girl in front of him.

Why couldn't they just make their own chocolates? Why was Valentine's Day even a thing? What about all the people who were still single?

Another sigh escaped his lips as he rests his elbows on the counter. His eyes scan the convenience store which contained many heart-shaped boxes filled with chocolates he'd never want to receive. (He admits to having tried one of the chocolates in one and regretting it). A few more teenage girls entered, giggling to themselves as they shyly walked up and down the chocolate-filled aisles.

"Ne, Hika-chan! What color is that?" A small girl tugged on her friend's arm and pointed to a heart-shaped box.

The one called "Hika-chan" grinned. "Red!"

The smaller girl's eyes widened. "What does red look like?!"

Hika patted the girls head, "You'll have to wait until you meet your soulmate."

Kuroo raised an eyebrow. How did a girl so young already meet her soulmate? Going by her uniform, she looked like she was still in middle school!

Everyone sees black and white until they meet their soulmate. They have to live in a monochrome world until even the slightest, first skin contact from their soulmate. Kuroo had not yet come in contact with his soulmate.

As he was so spaced out, a girl threw a bag of chips onto the shop counter. He flinched slightly.

"Did you find everything okay?" He asked rather unenthusiastically.

The girl raised an eyebrow. "Quality service right here."

He sighed and brought his eyes to meet the girl's. "Look, I'm sorry. This time around is just really -"

"Crappy, I know," the girl waved her hand understandingly, "Same for me. Haven't met your soulmate either?"

"Nope," he says, scanning the bag of chips. "That'll be 203 yen."

The girl hands him 200 yen along with some loose change. "One day," she says wistfully.

Kuroo's eyebrows furrow as he lets out a small sigh and counts the change.

"Here's 1 back," he says, holding out the change in his palm.

She reaches over the counter to get the change.

As she does so, her soft fingers brush against his palm.

The world goes black for a second. His sight is regained and the first thing he sees is [eye color].

A small gasp escapes the girl's lips. "You..."

He gave a weak smirk. "I guess that day..."

"Is today," she finishes.

"Kuroo Tetsurou," he introduces himself.

"[L/n] [Y/n]."

***

I  can't tell you guys how long I've been planning that omg

fOuR fReAkInG MONTHS I THINK ??

Was it good enough? I know it's short but I'd like to hear feedback! Your opinion is so important!

Thank you so much for reading and-

omg.

yOU KNOW WHAT: STORY TIME

SO ANIME EXPO IS COMING UP RIGHT

AND MY FAVORITE YOUTUBERS AND ARTISTS ARE GOING TO BE THERE

I'VE BEEN PLANNING TO GO TO THIS CONVENTION FOR ABOUT A YEAR

BUT PROCRASTINATED ON ASKING THE PARENTAL UNITS (of course. what else from keii omg)

AND FINALLY SO I ASKED (I know, a few days before the convention. Good job)

MY MOM SEEMED OKAY WITH IT BUT

MY DAD

I MEAN, HE LOVES ANIME BUT HE DIDN'T REALLY ANSWERRRRR

HE WAS LIKE: "I thought we were trying to leave there on Sunday..."

SO LIKE??

WHAT DO YOU MEAN (Justin Bieber go away)

AGGGGHHHH

anyways.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH

weird p.s, but: you guys make me super happy. I love reading all your comments and I AM SO SO SORRY FOR BREAKING YOUR HEART WITH THAT LAST ONE-SHOT. Does this make up for it? Are we okay now?

~ kawaiitrashu out.