Kuroo Tetsurou | Adulting

"(Y/n), do you feel it?"

You set down the gallons of paint and turn to look at Kuroo, his hands on his hips with his chin in the air and his eyes closed.

You raise a brow, straightening your back and looking around the living room, confused as to what exactly you were supposed to feel at this moment.

"Uh, feel what?"

Kuroo opened his eyes to meet yours, donning that goofy grin of his.

"Adulthood."

Both the way he said it and the reality of his statement made you shiver.

You'd never thought about it before. Growing up was just something that had happened, really. You suddenly remembered the days you would return to your parents' home after school each day. Back then, it had been your home as well, and while it always would in a way, now you had just bought a house of your own with Kuroo. This was your home.

You momentarily wondered if your parents also felt like this when they bought their first home together— the small feeling of excitement in your chest for what's to come, the little bit of sadness for the years under their own parents' roof, or the happiness that accompanied knowing you'd be living for the first time with someone you really trust and love.

You smile softly and chuckled, walking up to Kuroo.

"Actually, yeah, I do."

One look at the expression on your face was all it took for Kuroo to soften up and wrap an arm around your shoulders, pulling you into his side. You were still as cute as when he had first met you.

He kissed your head.

"Are you as excited as I am?"

You remembered the days Kuroo would sit at his desk with his hands making even more of a mess of his hair, groaning because he was already feeling the weight of adulthood. In high school.

You laugh with a nod.

"Since when did you become so excited to be an adult?"

The usual sly and teasing smile had gotten lost somewhere in the middle of your question, and now Kuroo looked at you with the most loving and soft half smile.

"Ever since I met you," he cooed, kissing your head again.

"You're so cheesy, it's gross."

extended ending;

"Hey, you think we should take a break?" You ask, setting down your paint brush, wiping your forehead with the back of your other hand.

You turn to look at Kuroo who is painting the wall on the other side of the room, atop a ladder.

"Yeah, want to go get some—"

Is what he says as he begins to turn around, but as his gaze lands upon you, he bursts out in laughter, immediately clutching his stomach and pointing somewhere on your body.

"PFFT!!"

Your eyebrows furrow and you cross your arms with a huff. "What is it?"

"You have paint on your forehead! That shit's not coming off for a while! HAHA!"

You frown, dipping your whole hand in the paint tray and trudging up to him as he wipes his tears, not watching you.

You slap your hand newly dipped in paint against his neck.

He stops laughing.

"(Y/n), you did not just—"

"Oh, I just."