Sawamura Daichi | Mochi

In the countryside, things were very slow. Not many new shops opened, everything stayed the same. For there to be a new shop open, that was a big deal.

He enjoyed running at night. He liked the air that was almost as refreshing as Sugawara, the stars that shone up above. It's something he bets people in the city don't get to see very often. He also likes being able to reflect on the day. Call him an old father for saying something like that, but he really did. There was so much going on in the day, now that there was volleyball and college to think about.

His usual route passed by a street filled with stores and then around his block and back home. It wasn't much, but then again it was just his way of calming down. Taking a breather, of sorts. (Although one would disagree--cough-- Tsukishima. After picking up strawberry shortcake, the dinosaur dork once ran into Daichi and wondered out loud a bit rudely as to why the captain was out running at night.)

For a couple weeks, he noticed that a new store was opening up. It had replaced a ramen house (that wasn't that great, considering it was part of a chain). Today, he saw that they had just put up a sign. "Family Mochi." He couldn't help but chuckle. What kind of dork made that name? Still, he was a bit excited about a new shop opening. Maybe he'd treat the club to some when they opened.

____

"Hinata... Are you really that hungry?"

The boy groaned in response, rolling over on the gym floor. He mumbled something that no one really understood.

But then, the raven-haired boy that had been questioning him began to get hungry himself. Kageyama's stomach grumbled a little bit. It was quiet, really. The last person Kageyama thought would hear it was Hinata.

Slowly, Hinata brought his head up, a sort of deadly aura surrounding him (he couldn't be that scary while laying on his stomach). "Kageyama..."

Said boy shivered (because apparently Hinata was scary enough to scare even Kageyama). "W-What?"

"DON'T PRETEND YOU DON'T KNOW THAT I HEARD YOUR STOMACH GROWL!" Hinata was now standing, suddenly having the strength to chase the setter around the gym.

But of course, being the total mother and father they are, respectively, Sugawara and Daichi stepped in before anything could happen.

"N-Now, now," Sugawara began with a nervous smile, blocking Hinata from Kageyama.

"If you guys are hungry, you should've just said so." Daichi said. "We can get some mochi. My treat." 

"EHHHHH?" It was as if out of nowhere, Tanaka and Nishinoya came. Of course, at the mention of food, especially if it was something as delicious as mochi. "DAICHI ARE YOU REALLY GONNA TREAT US TO MOCHI?"

"If you keep screaming I won't."

Simultaneously, the boys raised their arms in surrender. "Yes, yes, master."

"Mochi sounds nice," Asahi said.

"Tsukki! You wanna go?" Yamaguchi turned excitedly to his tall friend who clicked his tongue and looked away.

"Fine, since I'm not paying." The blond responded.

"Kazuhito! Ennoshita! Kinoshita!" Hinata called. "You guys wanna get mochi? Daichi-san's paying!"

Ennoshita smiled and shook his head. "Nah, we're going to practice a bit."

Kiyoko threw Ennoshita the keys. "Make sure to lock up after."

"Noya-san?" Tanaka whispered.

"Yeah?" Nishinoya whispered back.

"Did you see that majestic throw Kiyoko-san just did?"