Kozume Kenma | Embarrassed

a/n; the song is indeed k-pop. hope you enjoy listening to the loves of my life while reading!

Kenma shuffled slowly into the apartment, softly closing the door behind him.

Kuroo raised an eyebrow at him from his spot on the couch. Kenma always seemed lethargic, but he looked more disappointed than anything today in particular. Kuroo watched the younger boy as he slipped off his shoes and into his slippers.

"What's up?" Kuroo asked Kenma as he passed Kuroo to get to his room.

Kenma only lets out a quiet huff and continues his slow shuffle to his room.

A few moments after Kenma closed the door behind him to his room, Kuroo let out a big: "OH," followed by loud laughter.

The night before, Kenma had been asking him about the right moments to kiss a girl. Although Kuroo was confused as to why the quiet pudding head suddenly cared about girls, he happily answered his questions. Kuroo even pulled out a few shoujo manga and studied them with Kenma, as if he was helping the setter prepare for a test.

When Kuroo asked Kenma when he was planning to use this newfound knowledge, Kenma had only shrugged and said, "Soon."

"So 'soon' meant 'tomorrow'," Kuroo thought aloud. "...Which was today."

***

Kenma plopped onto his bed, kicking his slippers off in the process, not really caring where they landed even though he liked to keep everything tidy.

Internally screaming, he felt the heat rise up to his cheeks as he thought about the past events of today.

***

"Kozume-san!" A fairly familiar voice called from behind.

He turned around, his eyes squinting slightly into an eye smile at the sight of the owner's voice. [l/n] [y/n] from his class was running to catch up to him, waving her arm in the air as to get his attention. Her [h/c] hair caught the breeze as she ran across the school's courtyard.

"[l/n]-san..."

[y/n] finally caught up to him. "You walk pretty fast, Kozume-san," she commented, trying to catch her breath.

It took a moment before he finally answered, "Thanks...?"

'That was so stupid!' Kenma scolded himself.

It always took him a moment to think of something to say whenever he talked to [y/n].

'So embarrassing...'

[y/n] only laughed. "You're welcome?"

Kenma felt his soul leave his body due to not only embarrassment, but also hearing her laugh.

He just thought it was so pretty. She was so pretty.

[y/n]'s eyes widened when she saw that Kenma looked a bit dazed. "K-Kozume-san? Are you okay? Should I take you to the nurse?"

He blinked. "No, I'm fine. Sorry. Did you need anything?"

She let out a sigh of relief and gave him a smile. "Nah just wanted to talk... Are you in a rush?"