Chapter 13 : New Phone, Who this?

Start from the beginning

  "New phone, who this?" I said after inhaling another puff from it.

  I was surprised that I wasn't coughing. It had been 2 years since I last smoked a cigarette. I can say that I adapt fast. I could adapt to the changes incredibly fast that even I amaze myself.

  "Lia, come on."

  I ignored him. The feet of his suit landed on the ground with a thud. He removed the suit but I barely cared about his well being here.

  "Lia, I know you can hear me," he said. I growled and took my last puff from the stick before flicking it away. I slid down from the hood and turned to face him. "Lia, listen—"

  "What if I don't want to listen, huh?" I cut him off. "I don't have any purpose to listen to what you're gonna say. Like what? You're still not done about yesterday? You still got something more to say?"

  "No, Lia—"

  "Even if you don't, I don't even want to hear whatever you want. I have heard enough from you. How much I was a burden to people and how much of a slut my mother was. You can talk shit about me and I won't do a thing but if it's about my mother, then I will. I don't want to see you, Tony. I don't feel the worth to even look at you."

  "Alright then don't look at me. "

  "I'm not."

  "Good because I know I've hurt you. I know I've embarrassed you and said things I shouldn't have. I was worried and angry. I definitely wasn't thinking straight."

  "That's what people say but it sounds weird for the Iron-man to say it, wouldn't it?" I snickered as I turned around to take my pack of cigarettes and lighter. "Because the Iron-man is always telling the truth. The guy that everyone loves."

  "That's my father, alright. And besides, I admit. I admit that those words that I said yesterday were true, okay? But those thoughts were long gone. Those thoughts were only real when you were brought in to me," He said.

  "So?"

  "Remember the first few weeks that your father passed? I was cold and calculating. I never cared for you, I never showed any love for you. I was like my dad. But things changed. You made me develop these love and caring actions towards you. You're like my daughter and right now, you're my everything. It doesn't matter if you hate me. Just as long as you won't leave me. I love you, Lia and I am deeply sorry. I am sorry for everything that I've done and I'm sorry for whatever I have said to you. Not call it even? That's fine. Just don't go missing and stay with me."

  I turned around to look at him, slipping in my pack into my back pocket. "You know Tony, I didn't need you to make a huge impromptu speech on me. All I needed to hear was "sorry". That's it," I said. "And you and I know that we both can't live without each other. I was just disappointed that it took you a day to come and meet me to apologise. Because the Tony I know would've apologised immediately. I mean that's how we roll." 

  "I know. I'm sorry... So are we cool now?" he asked whilst looking down.

  "We're only cool after you get me ice cream," I replied, giggling.

  "Thank god. I have made too many promises on you," he joked. I know deep down he wasn't joking. I'm not bragging but I know many wanted me safe. It wasn't only my parents but also others like my teachers and principal. I can say that school certainly did not go well for me. It was terrible. Never will I step in there again. "Let's go get ice cream."

  I smiled and opened the door to my car as he disassembled his suit into a case. He carried it to my car. Soon after, his phone started ringing. He answered it and I paused at the door, watching him talk.