sixteen . you remembered but you won't tell me

y/n focus

does he not remember? maybe that's a good thing, y/n. but then again, he was sober! how could he not remember? these thoughts raced through y/n's mind, while taehyung was in the bathroom.

yes, she most definitely remembered everything, that happened yesterday evening.

she took a nearby box of cereal, slamming her head repeatedly on it, why in the world would you do that?! are you crazy? how could you just kiss him?! he doesn't even know you like him. he might not even like you back! 

but wait.

if he didn't like me back, then why did he let the kiss happen? she briefly flash-backed, trying to remember if he seemed to enjoy this kiss or not.

he had his eyes open at first, because he was startled, and then he closed them. he closed them! closing your eyes in a kiss means you liked it right?

and then, it hit her.

that one single kiss. was her very. first. kiss.

holy crap! oh my gosh no, you cannot tell me that i had my first kiss when i was drunk. god, why do you this to yourself, y/n? why are you constantly doing stupid things??

"i wonder what is so wrong that you've been mindlessly hitting yourself with random objects." taehyung said, his weight leaned against the wall.

y/n turned around. "how long have you been standing there?!" she asked, her cheeks reddening.

"since you picked up the cereal box." taehyung chuckled. she put her hand up to her forehead and sighed.

"please, forget all of that." she said through her continuous sighs. "just come here and have this gosh dang cereal."

"yes, ma'am." taehyung replied, sitting himself down at the table.

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

"you did what?!" jiho and yeun said together as y/n told them the entire story of what had happened yesterday after the bar.

"i know! it was stupid. i kissed him. i am pretty sure he remembers it but doesn't want to risk embarrassing me. oh god, what do i do?" y/n cried in frustration.

"well you go girl! i always thought taehyung would make the first move but it's the other way around now, huh?" yeun applauded.

"how is this a good thing?!" she said angrily. "if he didn't mention it, he probably doesn't even like me."

"he does. just doesn't want to mention it because it's uncool. it's a guy thing." jiho said.

yeun rolled her eyes. "sure it is. by the way, jiho, do you remember things from last night too?"

"mm, nope. not one thing. once i'm out, i am out."
he said truthfully.

"okay then." yeun said, sighing in content. "anyways, y/n. he definitely one hundred percent likes you. you need to tell him!"

"i can't! i-i'm not confident enough. and anyways, there are so many girls who are all over him everyday. what makes me any different?" she said hopelessly.

yeun grabbed her by the shoulders. "what did i say about negative thoughts?!"

y/n huffed. "yeun, this conversation is something we made up in like the third grade."

"what is it?!" she repeated again.

she sighed. "that they are a useless waste of time, and we shouldn't spend our time with them."

"good." yeun smiled happily. "those girls are basic, popular everyday kind of girls who just like him because he's hot. you, y/n, you care for him. you like him for him, and for god's sake you even make breakfast for him in the mornings! i don't even know how you guys aren't a couple yet by this point." she wondered out loud.

"you really think so?" y/n asked, a smile slowly creeping up on her face.

"i know so." yeun said, pulling her in for a big hug.

"you know, i'm never going to stop cringing whenever you two do these weird girl talk things." jiho butted in, blocking a slap from yeun.

"shut up, jiho. what a buzzkill." she said. "okay, y/n. you can do this! you can confess! fighting!" yeun encouraged.

"yes, i can do this!" she repeated.

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

y/n found herself at the dance club, with taehyung sitting by her, as per usual. taehyung, appeared to be very quiet today.

"hey, tae. why are you so quiet?" she asked him while pulling her hair back into a loose ponytail.

"huh? what? oh- no y/n i'm fine. i've just got some things in my mind." taehyung said (and if you're wondering, yes he is still thinking about that night).

"um- if i tell you something, you won't be that surprised or anything, right?" she said, building up her courage.

"well, it depends on what it is i guess." he replied. "but, you can tell me whatever. you can trust me."

"okay- well.." she took a deep breath. "i really l-"

"ladieeees aaand gentleemeeen! we've got the results in now!" jhope said loudly, interrupting y/n's confession.

"what?! jhope is talking, so you can just tell me after, okay?" taehyung yelled through jhope's loud cheery voice.

"yeah- um, okay. later then." she sighed and looked down at the floor.

did it have to be now?

| | |

what the hell jhope
you're just gonna interrupt a confession right now like wow how roOD

lots of love - cherry 🍒