ten . you wake me up before the sun rises

taehyung focus

he'd decided to take a nap at around nine pm, which wasn't even a nap, more like an early time to sleep. so by the time he woke up it was three in the morning, and along with it he was hungry.

his fridge contained only some cans of soda, energy drinks and water bottles, and his pantry just had junk food and ramen in it. wanting actual food to eat, taehyung gets up and walks out of his apartment, to go across the hall to y/n's place.

he knew the rules. 'only in the mornings', and technically; it was morning, correct?

taehyung made his way over and made a pit stop at the flower pot and dug out the spare key to her apartment. he found the key, and unlocked the door.

closing it quietly, he set the key on the small circular table standing by the entrance.

he walked down the hallway, and found y/n fast asleep on the couch with a textbook laying on her stomach, her hand still lightly clutching a highlighter. taehyung chuckled at the sight, and crouched down so that he was face to face with y/n.

taking the textbook and pen from her, he set the items down on the coffee table. he marveled how her skin seemed to sparkle from by the dimly lit lamp that stood by her side.

and then, taking a deep breath, he very faintly whispered a quiet, "y/n i'm hungry."

this action caused y/n to jolt and smash her forehead to taehyung's, making the both of them clutch their heads in pain.

after regaining control of the pain in her head, y/n smacked taehyung's shoulder (yes, smacking him and whacking him were becoming regular occurrences).  "are you crazy?! it's three in the morning! the sun hasn't even risen yet!"

"owwie! you know, you were way nicer when you were sleeping soundly." taehyung rubbed his shoulder.

y/n immediately sat up and rubbed her eyes. "well that's just great, now i'm fully awake."

"so i can eat food now?" he asked with a spark to his smile.

she rolled her eyes and sighed. "i should never have agreed to you coming over in the mornings to eat breakfast."

"i didn't break a single rule!" he noted.

"by morning i didn't mean at three am! i meant for you to come when i was awake!" she yelled softly.

"jeez, okay. well i'm already here and you're awake, sooo, breakfast time! rise and shine!" he said cheerfully.

y/n huffed angrily so that her bangs flew up with it. she got up from the couch and to the kitchen, taehyung following not too far from behind.

"okay, but you're helping me make these pancakes." she said to him, struggling to reach the top shelf to get the pancake mix.

taehyung saw this, and came up behind her, reaching his hand up, grabbing the pancake mix and setting it on the counter. y/n blushed red at the tummy to back touch that taehyung commenced. 
(a/n: oMG what a cliche i caNNOT)

y/n pouted. "i could've done that myself." she complained.

"no, you couldn't have. you're a midget." he said, messing up y/n's hair.

"you're a meanie."

"it didn't look any better before to be honest." taehyung noted.

"you're a super meanie. keep it up and i won't make you breakfast." she warned.

"i'm so very sorry, please make food because i am starving." taehyung said, his palms pushed together and fingers crisscrossed.

she sighed and got out a bowl and some eggs.

"i'll get the chocolate milk!"
taehyung said excitedly.

| | |

oohoho
now i feel like i'm making too many apartment setting stories so i'll do one at the uni/dance club in the next one

alsooo i was SO close to making taehyung secretly kiss y/n when she was sleeping but i didn't want to add any more cheesy cliches to this story lmao

lots of love - cherry 🍒