seventeen . i couldn't tell you the truth

y/n focus

"drumroll please!!" jhope yelled loudly. "the guy who won for the evaluation is...." he opened the card, and 'ooohed' at the results. "kim taehyung!"

everyone in the crowd applauded. it was a totally expected result.

"another drumroll!" jhope called out as he opened up the second card, smiling at the name. "the girl who won the evaluation is....

"y/f/n! congratulations!" he cheered loudly.

y/n smiled brightly, as she received compliments and pats on the back for her dance. "thank you, oh you're so sweet, no really, it wasn't that good." these were the answers that spilled out of her mouth as more people started to talk to her.

awhile after, dance club came to an end, and y/n started packing up like everyone else. taehyung was currently being talked to by several girls, who were pooling around him, giving him no room to move freely. after they were finally finished, taehyung ran up behind y/n.

"woop! congrats! i knew you'd win. i mean, i knew i'd win." taehyung laughed.

"thanks, you too taehyung! you did really well." her smile brightened up the room.

"yeah, no problem. oh right, what did you want to tell me?" he asked.

y/n froze in her spot for a millisecond. "umm- i was just wondering if you wanted to come with me to the café if you were free." a lie. a complete and utter lie. y/n why couldn't you have just said it?!

"hm, well it doesn't look like i'm doing anything today, so sure." taehyung agreed. "also, you haven't treated me to those meals yet."

"hm? what meals?" she asked as she zipped up here bag, pulling the straps over her shoulders.

taehyung pulled his phone out, going to the recordings app. he pressed play.

"you'll kill me if i leave?"

"i'll kill you if you leave."

"so next morning when i'm here, you won't be surprised that i'm by your side? and you'll treat me out to two meals?"

"yes, i promise."

"how did i not remember that?" she asked in wonder. "also you can't do that! i was drunk and no consent!"

"a promise is a promise. hey, it used to be a five course meal now it's just a regular meal so you're welcome. i'd better get a free coffee and cinnamon danish today." taehyung told her.

"ugh, okay, fine." y/n complied.

| | |

a shortie

lots of love - cherry 🍒