91 | Golden Sparks and Memories

<Nagisa>
"Who knew we would finally settle down with so much time on our hands now!" Karma laughed aloud while the family sat around in the living room, just hanging out.

We just finished playing a couple of board games, while snacking on popcorn and cookies. Karma won a few times, but Mari was something else with her unbelievable skills.

"Don't jinx it Papa." Naki sighed and jokingly rolled his eyes, "already lost most of my childhood." He said while sipping his soda.

"Ouch..." I giggled along from the shade Naki gave him.

"Why can you be sweet and more polite like your sister? Isn't that right Mari?" Karma pinched her cheeks, treating her how he always.

"Papa...you're embarrassing me." She pouted, "I'm not a little kid anymore." She added.

"What is this? Is this a rebellion? My own kids?" Karma didn't take the sudden blow very well and tossed himself to the corner sulking.

However, Mari tried to apologize while Naki just kept on teasing him there.

"Alright alright. Leave your papa alone." I motioned to Naki and he scooted closer to me, leaning his head on my shoulder. "You're not a boy yourself anymore." I caressed his hair, "I'm sorry Naki."

He held my hand gently.
"You did nothing wrong. Don't apologize." He spoke. "You're the greatest woman I know, so don't apologize for something that can't be helped."

I grew weary of his words and couldn't help but to feel emotional. Honestly, it still feels like just the other day, he helped move me around in my wheel chair, prepping meals along side me, and cuddling next to me in bed. He's always been my support...but at what cost?

Mari glanced over and was able to drag Karma back over to us. When she did, she sat next to me quietly.

"Yeah, you're amazing Momma." She snuggled closely in.

Karma sat criss-cross a few inches in front of us and smiled brightly at the warming sight before him.

"Hey Momma? Papa?" Mari started.

"Yes Mari?" I asked.

"Can you tell us stories of when you guys were younger? I sometimes look in the photo albums, but it's not the same." She explained.

"Yeah, but tell her ones that I don't know either. I don't want to hear the same stories twice." Naki sat straight and stuck out his tongue at her.

"Here we go again. It's all about you isn't it?" Karma raised a brow, trying to provoke him.

Naki shook his head trying to ignore him, but he gave into the faces Karma was jokingly making. Naki grabbed the bowl of chips from the coffee table and started to eat them.

"Umm, well..." I revisited my memories, trying to find one that would cater to their liking. And something Karma would remember too.

Obviously because of Namari's sensitive age, she doesn't know much of the real Karma. Of course for Naki, growing older and more aware, he knows about the past Karma had and how he got here.
We do intend to tell her, especially after being surprised by meeting Koro-Sensei, even when she had known that he was dead in the past.

"How about this?" Karma notice my distracted thoughts and winked at me. "When Nagisa and I had a few days to spend together because of our strict situation back then, she tried to pull an all-nighter. She didn't last with her energy drinks." Karma chuckled, "drowsy-acting like she was drinking alcohol." He added.