35 | Once Human

<Nagisa's past-age 6>

My mom had planned out the day to go to Tokyo with my father. My dad was usually at works and I could barely see him. On most occasions, we would always try to clear our schedules so that we could have a family day. That one day a week was what I always looked forward to.

"Come on Nagisa, honey. This is our stop." My mom patted my back as I stared out of the wide train windows. Admiring the train tracks spinning around the city and the enormous buildings, like pillars in the ground.

My dad picked me up as I was standing on the seat and carried me out. Both my parents laughing over the fact that I found almost everything worth wild. I loved going out to the cities, especially during the spring.

"Mommy, we can go shopping right?" I tugged on my mom's over the knees black skirt. She looked down and smiled at me and pinched my nose.

"Of course we can. Daddy will pay. Hehe." She giggled and daddy made a lost facial expression of some kind of confusion.

"Anything for my girls." He chuckled. "Hey, Nagisa. Why don't we get you a new dress for school?"

I nodded my head.
"Well? We should go look." My mom held my hand and took me along with my dad on my other side.

As we walked down the side walks and near the busy roads. I found myself staring at the ginormous billboards and bright lights flashing. The motion pictures and huge t.vs. everything was mind blowing for me!

When we walked into a store, my dad was in the males section as my mom and I, kept in the woman's section.

"Nagisa, I'll look for things. If you want, you can sit down at the kiddy section. I'll come for you later." She spoke.

"Alright mommy." I released from her hands and started prancing off on my own.

Usually stores like these, had a kids play area where workers would watch over us. I've been to this store before, so I know of it.
Amongst the crowd of kids, there was new faces. Which was obvious, but for me it was like a pool of new people.

<Karma age: 7>
"Come on Ritty, you have to rewind it." I took the toy car from her and she titled her head. "See, if you pull this back, it goes on its on." I placed the mobile red sports car on the ground and it started driving in its own.

"Ah! Karma! It's going away!" She pointed out.
"Hurry before it's gone." She waved her arm.

"Alright alright." I took off to follow the toy car and saw it collide against someone's feet. I looked up and saw it was a girl in a sundress and a white bow in her sky blue hair.

"Could you give that to me?" I reached out my hand.

"Huh?" She looked down and picked up the car and stared at it. "This is yours?"

"Yes." I walked closer and placed my hands on the hood of the car. When I glanced closely, I saw scars and small bruises on her hand that carried up to her wrist.

"Sorry." She apologized.

"It's fine." I took the car back in my hands and walked away back to Ritty.

I wonder who that girl was? Weird.
••••
<Nagisa>
Hmpth, this is boring. I ended up just sitting on the ground and watched as everyone was playing with each other. I happened to see people from my class too. There was Tomohito from the class next to mine, though I only met him a couple of times but we don't talk at all.