07 | His Heart

<Nagisa>
"So where is it that you go after school?"
Karma asked me while I was writing a report for the Board.

I guess he's talking about college, but I'm not sure really. I felt bad that I wasn't paying attention.

"I come here of course. Where else?" I giggled. "Once I finish my classes, I come straight to see you."

Today, it was just me working. Shi has her day off and I won't be seeing her until tomorrow afternoon.

"What's college like?"

"Well, it's my second year at the university. It's just like going to regular school and being taught. But like a thousand times more difficult." I sighed.

"Maybe for your next alterations, you could hook me up with some basic knowledge? Karma suggested. "I would like to know more about the world beyond this wall."

"Sure, that's sound like a good idea. Bu if I can get an approval." I finished my last word and submitted the report.

"Ah, I almost forgot." I walked up to Karma with my hands in my lab coat pockets. "You're being evaluated by the Board later. They want to see if you can control that new heat processor of yours." I reminded him.

"Of course." Karma brought his left hand to his face and then watched himself as his hands burned an amber red hue.

"Well. Looks fine to me." I nodded my head.

Then Karma had his eyes all on me.

"W-what?" I asked becoming shy all of a sudden, "something on my face?"

"No, don't mind me." He shook his head holding the same as ever stone face expression.

"Awe you don't make any faces do you?" I sighed.

"Well. I'm not programed to have emotions." He pointed out.

"None of them are." I brought up with a sigh.

Then, a bulb went off. I could possibly not make that kind of proposal to the Board and just do it secretly. But during evaluations, they can see it too.

I crossed my arms pondering.
Maybe I can make it invisible, disguising the alteration as a basic reading.

"What?" Karma popped my thinking bubble.

"Just wait." I rushed back to the desk and opened the alterations booklet from previous changes to Karma. Then, I opened a new tab and started coding.

I bet I can program Karma myself. I'll tell Shi later on. She doesn't need to know just yet.

"Let me do some research for now." I told Karma and sat down where he was. He kept his still eyes on me.

"Hmm? What's that?"

I flinched from the sudden company and saw Koro-sensei hovering over my shoulder.

"N-nothing!" I shut off my computer and tried to hide my obvious lies.

I didn't even sense his presence, nor the fact that he even walked into the lab.

"Hopefully you're not doing something you're not supposed to." He gleamed. "That would be bad." His voice mellowed like a joke but almost threatening. I could read his expression at all mixed with that tone.