72 | Nagisa's Secret

<Nagisa>
It's been one week since the bathroom incident and the pregnancy test. Like am I suppose to bring it up? Is Nagisa going to surprise us or something? I really don't know.

I slouched on the couch and channel surfed for awhile, with Naki along side me. It was the weekend and Nagisa was out doing private tutoring as a side job. Naki hasn't said anything or wanted anything within the 2 hours that we started. Am I doing something wrong? Does he not like me anymore?

"Papa." He called me.

"Uh, yes?" I sat up straight and looked over.
He looked at me for a few second and then pouted.

"Never mind."

"Come on, don't leave me hanging." I poked.

"Well...uh." Naki hesitated.

"Go on."

"Does Momma love Papa?"

The strange question made me wonder what was going through his mind.
"Why would you ask that? Of course she loves me." I scratched my head. "Why?"

Naki shrugged and looked back at the t.v.
Of course with that, I couldn't just let it go however, Naki seemed like he was finished with wanting to talk it over.
At the same time, I found it insulting. Why wouldn't she love me? I eyed Naki and he saw me staring weirdly. Naki finally opened his mouth and spoke.

"Momma has a baby." Naki rubbed his stomach, "she has one again."

I choked on air and grasped my mental state to react to his words. H-how does he know?!
"Um, how are you sure?" I composed myself.
"Haruki told me." He replied.

Shizuka's family knows about it? Nagisa haven't even told us yet. I crossed my arms and then tried to relate it back to why Naki had asked brought up the love concept.

"What does that have to do with Momma loving papa?" I nudged his arm with my hand. Naki sighed and whispered aloud, even though it was just us two.

"If Momma didn't tell me about my new brother or sister, then that means Papa did something bad and Momma wouldn't even tell me about it." He explained.
"W-wait? This is my fault?" I chuckled from the realization and relief.

There's a reason why she couldn't tell you...me as well. Internally I was laughing at how Naki over thinking this whole situation.
I patted his head and scooted closer.

"You don't have to worry about it. This is Momma's way of trying to surprise us but, she didn't know that her boys would out smart her. Naki, you understand right?"

He nodded his head. Why wouldn't he get it? He's been influenced by so many people at a young age, before I came back. Its inevitable for him to grow up faster mentally then most people in his grade.

Now the question is...what's keeping Nagisa back from spilling the beans? Maybe I'll slightly bring it up tonight. I'm wondering myself about the whole baby issue. Which of those times when Nagisa and I was alone, that I wasn't pay attention carefully?

My train of thought suddenly burst when Naki cleared his throat. My palms started getting sweaty and I stood up.

"I think it's time for a nap." I said.
"But it's only 4pm." Naki pointed out.
"Boys grow when they sleep."

Naki slid off the couch and made a face.
"Papa?"

"Off you go. I'll even tuck you in." I lightly pushed him the opposite direction and led him up the stairs.

"But I'm not sleepy-"

"The child's mind doesn't know what sleepiness is. That's why you have dads to tell you when nap time is."

When I eventually tucked Naki into his bed with the fluffy green blanket, he was glowering all over. The stubborn little kid crossed his arms and refused to lay down, even after I took the time to neatly tuck his blankets.

"Papa, you're weird." He inspected me with a searching expression. "Sometimes I wonder why mom likes you."

An arrow just stabbed me. Please tell me you're joking?
Naki sighed and gave it a rest. He laid down and pulled the covers close to his face.
"Good night papa." He said before he closed his eyes.

I despondently gazed at the sight of Naki after that. What kind of father am I? Do I even count as one? Ah...I know that Nagisa will be angry with me again if I start complaining about how useless I am.

I tugged the curtains close and left his door half way open. I went back down stairs to see that the t.v was still on. I didn't have the will to continue watching. After I turned it off, I sat at the kitchen table and took out my phone.

Maybe I'll call Shizuka-
"Karma?"

I looked up from my phone to see Nagisa with with her red purse in her hands. She waved her hand in front of my face until I completely realized what was happening.
"Nagisa, you're home early." I got up.

"Yeah, the tutoring was cut short." She replied.

"What are you doing? Where's Naki-"

I couldn't hold it back.
"Huh? Uh- wait, Karma-"

I ended up taking Nagisa to the living room couch and pinning her down. At least just my arms on her shoulder, which restricted her upper body.

"W-what's gotten into you?" She looked neither concerned or happy however, her expression was lustful and alluring.

Ugh?! Hold yourself back. This is how she's controlling you!

"Care to explain that." I locked my eyes into her stomach.

Nagisa followed my gaze and raised a brow.
"What? My vag-"

"No! Not that! I meant the baby in your womb!" I blurted out with a burning face of embarrassment.

"Huh?" She leaned upwards and I took my hands off her and she sat up straight. "Who told you?"

"So it's true!" I sank back down onto the couch and wrapped my arms around her.

Nagisa patted my back in a questionable and cautious manner.
"Um, explain."  Nagisa said.

"What? Me? I'm not the one pregnant." I stared into her eyes and she smiled.

"It was supposed to be a secret." Nagisa groaned and punched my arm. "Who told you?"

"Naki did."

"Naki knew?!"

"Shizuka's boys told him."

"I didn't tell anyone about it!"

"Well...it's out." I poked her forehead.

Nagisa didn't look pleased at all. I kissed her cheek and placed my hand on her stomach. She glanced down at it and then back at me.

"I know what you're thinking." Nagisa spoke softly, "you don't have to worry. You've always been here with us all this time. It's not going to change this time." She assured.

She's right, I need to stop bringing up the past. It's not who I am now...and I need to understand that.
"By the way, Nagisa?" I spoke.

"Yes Karma?" Nagisa kissed me on the lips.

I returned one and then leaned back to talk.
"I think Naki has an oedipal complex."