91 | Golden Sparks and Memories

Start from the beginning

"Hm? You guys are so lucky." Mari sighed while admiring our relationship.

"Didn't Papa say once that someone liked Momma?" Naki brought up.

My eyes widen. Hopefully, Karma never mentioned the name! That would put Sugino in such an awkward situation later on. For the sake of the kids and the Tomohito's, Karma please!

He mouthed, don't worry.
Phew...almost lost it there.

"Yeah, you could say that. Your papa is a jealous type you know? He likes to assert his dominance."

I poked at him and he grinned.

"And your momma was an air-head. Totally oblivious to the guy who liked her. But I'm kind of glad she was like that then because I came in and swooped her away." Karma made a peace sign.

"Did he ever confess to you?" Naki asked.

"Yeah he did. Of course I let him down. Karma was already on my mind by then. And even when it wasn't Karma who impacted my decision entirely, I knew that I could never lie about my personal feelings. He's a great friend of mine." I smiled from the idea of talking about Sugino and the past.

"How far did you guys go back?" Mari asked while Karma was growing antsy.

"Well. We were neighbors and he went to school with me ever since grade school. He was always been by my side, especially when I had family complications." I explained.

Mari and Naki nodded their heads.
At this time and age, those two are well aware of the relationship I have with their grandparents. My mom and I haven't spoke once to each other ever since I moved out. She just refuses to acknowledge any of my life onwards from there. Whereas my dad, their grandfather, who visits at least once a month, showers the two with love.

My dad helped me a lot from the side lines. When I had Naki and when Karma came back to us.
And I knew that he became more healthier and livelier ever since I moved out of the house. I guess you could say that he was finally relieved from the terrors that kept him up at night.

"Hah? Papa what did you do? Scare him away?" Naki nudged his arm.

"I had to tell him straight that I was the one looking after her. Especially the time when your mother was sick." He nodded his head with blaring confidence.

"Your love story sounds too good to be true." Naki sighed, trying to be hard on Karma again.

"What about you Naki? Do you have a girlfriend yet?" Karma asked.

"Of course not. I have studies to tend to first." He replied. "Education is a priority."

"Don't worry Karma, he's a late bloomer like me." I comforted. "Don't start thinking about becoming a grandfather just yet." I added.

"You better hurry." Mari joined.

"Like you said. It's a special thing created by love. I don't need to rush right? I haven't found the one yet." Naki said to Karma with a serious tone.

"Of course." Karma responded happily, "unless you swing the other way?"

Both Naki and I choked, coughing on air. Mari just blankly stared at us confused.