Hatred & Secrets

The dislike between brothers became official soon after Simba's birth. By now all three siblings were full grown; Taka was now Scar, Mufasa was king and with an heir to the throne, and Asha lived an easy life with her eldest brother at Pride Rock. The two didn't see much of their dark maned sibling anymore.

"Scar." Asha giggled at his full mouth. "Drop him." "Impeccable timing your majesty." Said Zazu from inside Scar's mouth. He dolefully spat the bird out, causing Asha to laugh at the mess, the chestnut lion smiled before casting her a quick wink.

"Why if it isn't my two siblings descending from up high to mingle with the commoners." "Don't drag Asha into this, I was the one that gave her a place here at Pride Rock." Scar barely glanced at Mufasa before gazing lovingly at their sister. "I never said anything was Assy's fault, she's much too sweet for that." She blushed at the childhood nickname and turned away at his low chuckle.

The usual disdain the two males had for each other was there again as they talked about Simba, Scar's attention drifting back to his beautiful sister and Mufasa all too willing to break his concentration. In the end, Mufasa went his way and Asha almost followed before Scar asked her to stay. When they were completely alone, he smiled before rubbing up against her legs.

"Assy darling, it's been far too long." Her face went scarlet at his warm fur. "You could've come to the ceremony and seen me." "True, but I wouldn't have been able to get this close to you." He purred, the vibrations making her shutter. She slowly sat with her legs crossed and let him trot up to her, eyes lit with a familiar fire.

"Oh Assy, won't you comb through my mane with those gentle fingers of yours? I miss your touch." She turned her head away with a slightly pained expression. "You know I'd like to, if it wasn't for the fact it means something entirely different to you now." He smiled before bringing his face closer to her, barely grazing his nose over her cheek. "But it was rather enjoyable for both parties, was it not?" When she didn't reply he ran his tongue up her neck and barely nibbled her ear, a low hiss slipped past her lips as her eyes squeezed shut.

"Sweet Assy, you know I see you as so much more than a sister." He said, sliding under her clasped hands so that they lay around his neck. "It's unhealthy that you do." She replied, running a palm down the length of his mane while gazing into his eyes. He smiled before laying his cheek against her chest and resting his paw on her hip.

"Just hold me my Asha, hold me and help me forget for a little while the crazy world we live in." Her face remained blank as she ran her fingers through his mane, her eyes holding all the emotion needed.