☼114

"You cannot all flood in our tiny medical room at one time. But you'll all get to see him. For now, he only requested one person. Is there someone here named Jeon Jungkook?"

Jungkook's ears perked up in surprise to hear his name be requested directly by Yoongi himself. He quickly sat up and made his presence known by raising a hand. "I'm right here."

"If you will just follow me— I'll take you to his room."

Jungkook nodded and quickly looked back at the group. They were all encouraging him to go and Jungkook gave a small smile of hope before following the doctor.

They finally reached Yoongi's room and he was hooked up to so many things, it was honestly tough to trace which one each test for individually for but Jungkook assumed they were testing his vitals and possibly bloodstream since he was so weak.

"Kooks?" Yoongi addressed Jungkook's special nickname weakly but still holding a smile. "I really thought I was dead for a second."

Jungkook frowned and shook his head. "Don't say that. I didn't mean what I said and I know you didn't mean what you said. Us fighting was so stupid. I'm so stupid." Jungkook rambled as he approached Yoongi even closer.

"I'm sorry for slapping you by the way." Yoongi felt the need to bring that up as well.

"No, I— I deserved that. I shouldn't have said something like that to my best friend. But why weren't you eating, Yoongi?"

"I just didn't feel hungry, you know? When I work as hard and as much as I do I just didn't feel an appetite coming on as often as I should have. And then I'd often forget to eat entirely. I'm so sorry Jungkook. I told you I would rest but I couldn't rest until I finished that song for you."

"Yoongi.." Jungkook sighed and then sat at the edge on his hospital bed. "I don't know why you do this to yourself, all for someone like me?"

"What do you mean, someone like you? You mean so much to me. So much. And I love taking care of you. You're basically my little annoying brother that I love unconditionally and will never regret sacrificing the thing I did to make you have a better life."

"Yoongi— I really appreciate everything you've done for me. You and Seokjin. But you can't do this to yourself anymore. I'm so glad you're awake now and I'm so glad you're recovering now. But Yoongi I'm not letting this happen again. You're going to listen to me and you're going to rest. I can honestly get Namjoon to help you at the studio sometimes, if you like. To take some of the stress off of yourself alone. He has a soft spot for me, so I can do whatever it takes to make sure someone is keeping an eye on you at that lonely studio."

"Kooks, you don't have to do that—"

"Yoongi, look at yourself. Are you still in denial? You were just in critical condition and passed out in your own room. I almost lost you." Jungkook choked up on those last four words at the end.

"I'm so sorry. I'm so so sorry. I didn't mean to push things this far. I'm sorry." Yoongi tried to reach for Jungkook's hand but he was still really weak, so he couldn't muster the strength. Jungkook saw the attempted gesture and scooted closer, lightly grabbing Yoongi's hand.

"It's okay, but you really need to work with me this time. I'm going to make sure Hoseok and Jimin are keeping very close eyes on you and that Namjoon will keep an eye on you at the studio. And when you're back home, I'm not leaving your side unless I think you can handle yourself. I know this is gonna be annoying, but we all want you to be okay, Yoons."

"No, it's cool. I understand. I'll really try my best to make sure I'm listening to you guys and staying healthy."

"Good. But there's one more thing on my mind."

"Hm?"

"I heard you rip up papers the other day. Was that the song you were writing? All of that hard work—?"

"Oh? The song isn't like gone-gone. I have it saved on my computer. I just needed something to rip at the moment so I just ripped up the drafts I saved when I first started writing it."

Jungkook sighed out in utter relief.

"The song is basically done but as soon as I was cleaning it up and stuff, everything happened all at once. Everything with the threats, your assault, our fight, all of that. I just dove into working and writing and before I knew it, I blacked out."

"I shouldn't have left you. I shouldn't have even fought with you in the first place. You have your reasons to why you didn't tell me about the threats and I shouldn't have used my assault as an excuse to get you to forgive me."

"Kooks—no! No, shut up! I was so stupid for saying that. It's not an excuse, it's an experience that you didn't deserve. No one deserves that. I'm so glad you're okay now and that it didn't get any worse than that for you."

"Yeah, me too. I'm kinda sad that you were on the edge of death for us to work things out but I'm glad we did talk things out. It made me see how important you are to me. Promise me we won't fight like that again?"

"I promise. I promise I'll do better. I really really promise this time. I already know I scared the living shit out of Hobi and Chim."

"Aw—you have cute nicknames for them?" Jungkook cooed.

"Y-Yeah? So?!" Yoongi blushed.

"This is so cute. I just want you to be happy and healthy."

"I know, I know. I'm so sorry for scaring you all like this."

"Speaking of the others, they're all out there wanting to see you and I'm hogging up all the time. I think I can only send in like one to two people at a time. Doctor's rules. Who do you want me to send in next?"

"My boyfriends, obviously. No offense to Seokjin, but I need to see my babies like now."

"Aye-aye, Captain Yoongi. I'll send them right in." Jungkook was up on his feet and ready to leave to go retrieve Yoongi's boys. But before he could go, Yoongi had one more thing to say.

"Kooks?"

"Yeah?" He stopped in the doorframe and turned back to look back at Yoongi.

"I love you."

"Hey, I love you and I always will. No matter what."

Yoongi smiled at that and then Jungkook left the room completely.

"I'll do better this time." Yoongi whispered to himself. "I'll do better for them."

And from this day forward, Yoongi promised himself one thing:

He'll work twice as hard to stay alive to prolong all of the potential memories to come with his one true family.

-

should I include a small chapter of everyone else visiting him in the hospital or just time skip?

vote now !

visits:

time skip: