Chapter 10

Lilly's POV

    It smells like throw up everywhere. I'm outside with Jo while she's bent over in the bushes emptying what sounds like gallons of beer from her stomach. Sutter is pretty drunk too, and he had to move away from her so he wouldn't start throwing up too. Jesse walks over and hands me a bottle of water to give to Jo when she's done vomiting.

    "You know, besides the gross fact that she's out here puking, Jo looks good. She's definitely grown up." Jesse says to me quietly.

    "Don't even think about." Sutter mutters from the other side of the car that he's leaning on. Apparently Jesse didn't say it quietly enough.

    Jo stands up and wipes the back of her hand over her mouth. "When I'm not a complete disaster, I definitely hope you think about it." Her words are so slurred and I can't help but laugh quietly.

    "Alright, thats enough of that. Get your ass in the car." Sutter says and walks over and helps her get into my car.

    Jesse steps closer to me and actually talks low enough so only I can hear him. "You sure you don't mind driving them home? I don't want you to do it if you're uncomfortable."

    "Well you did already bring Sutter to my work where Denny was, so we've already passed the uncomfortable part of things. But I'm sure, I don't mind. I'm happy to see Jo, and they live right down the road from you. You're going out of the way to drop them off."

    He nods his head. "And Denny, when he hears?"

    "He hasn't cared about me in that way the whole time we've been together, you know that. He doesn't get to choose to start now." This is also the first party I've left in a long time where I'm not the one being carried out. And Denny was out at the pool flirting with some freshmen girls, not even paying attention to me.

"I know. Just be careful, alright? I don't want to see you go through what you went through two years ago." He seems shy when he's saying that, and it gives me a warm feeling in my chest.

I lean forward and give him a hug. I waste all this time thinking about the people who don't love me and who left me, and never focus enough on the ones who do love me and never left my side. Jesse is one of those people, and someone I'm thankful for and just never realize it. I make a promise to myself to stop taking those around me who deserve my love and respect for granted.

"Thanks for being here for me." I whisper to him.

"Always Lil. I just want you to be happy."

I sigh and lean back. "And Sutter, what do you think about him?"

"What do I think about him or what do I think you should do about him?" He questions me, obviously knowing what I'm really asking.

I just give him a look and he laughs softly. "I think Sut loves you more than anything, but I also think he fucked up royally, and he shouldn't get off of that too easy. That being said, you and him were both babies yourself having a baby, neither of you understood how to deal with the severity of what you were going through. So be hard on him, but not too hard."

I listen to his words and try to see things from someone else's perspective but my own. It's hard, but I think I'm seeing things in a new way. I nod my head at him, offer him a little smile and then go get in the drivers seat of my car.

    "Everything okay?" Sutter asks me, clearly just seeing the moment Jesse and I just shared.

    "Yeah, it's good." I glanced back at Jo to check on her before we started driving, and she was already slumped over against the window, snoring softly.