Chapter 8

A/N ummm hello daddy up above!! He is 100% perf, and who I like to picture as Sutter, maybe just younger version of him. I also have a question!! What are yall's favorite books to read that aren't on Wattpad? Song for this chapter is "Happier" By Ed Sheeran. Hope y'all enjoy! (:

Lilly's POV

When my mind starts to wake up, all I can register is the pain that is beating against my temples. I don't want to open my eyes because I know the sunlight will only make things worse. I really need to invest in some blackout curtains, it would definitely make my hangover mornings much easier. Oh well, got to get it over with some time anyway.

I squint my left eye open first, and see nothing but blue. My bedroom ceiling isn't blue? I open up my other eye and realize that I'm actually not inside my bedroom, but outside. I turn my head quickly to the left, and see the gravestone too my little girl, and instantly relax, realizing I must've just passed out out here. Which unfortunately isn't something that I'm not accustomed to. I sit up all the way, because I feel something poking me in the back, like a rock or stick.

When I twist my body around to see what I'm laying on, I nearly have a heart attack when I see a male body that was laying next to me, facing the opposite way. I scream loudly and instantly start scooting away.

The stranger shoots up quickly, and screams too, obviously startled by me. Well at least they're not dead.

But then I see the face of the person and instantly take that back. "Sutter, what the fuck are you doing here?"

"What does it look like? Obviously I was babysitting you." The tone of his voice makes it obvious that he's annoyed with me, and that pisses me off further because what right does he have to be mad at me?

"What do you mean you're babysitting me? I came here last night on my own." I try to sort through my memories of last night, but I'm coming up blank after I laid down next to her stone and was running my hand across of it.

"Yeah, I know you did. I came here last night to visit..her. I ended up seeing your empty wine bottles and shoes. I found you passed out floating in the pond."

Well I take it that's why he's upset with me. "I got in the pond, really?" I ask in disbelief, but when I smell my shirt there's no denying I smell like gross water and a tad like fish.

    When Sutter first left, I used to do this all the time. But it had been a while since I'd gone into the pond as drunk as I was last night.

"Yes, really. Nearly gave me a heart attack too because I thought you were dead. You were so drunk it took you a minute to even realize I was shaking you to wake you up."

He sounds like he's trying to guilt me with his words, but what he doesn't know is that I've heard it all from Nadine, and that shit just doesn't work on me anymore. I refuse to let people make me feel bad about the way I've chose to survive. I know exactly what I'm doing to my body every time I drink that much alcohol, I just don't care.

"I always was a hard sleeper." I say as an explanation, not that I owe him one. But I guess I should be somewhat thankful he saved me from drowning.

But I can't lie and say it would have bothered me even if I had.

"You weren't sleeping Lilly, you were passed out unconscious. Anything could have happened to you, don't you care about that?" He asks me in a way that sounds like there's no way I can't care about something like that.

"No, I don't care at all." My voice is empty. And I don't bother waiting for a response before I stand up and start grabbing all of my stuff and putting my shoes on.