Itachi: Our Last Night Pt 1

• Female Reader
• Shippuden Timeline
• Fluff/SFW

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

(Y/n)'s P.O.V

It's been exactly 5 years since that dreadful night...

I let out a sigh as I got out of my shower and dried the water droplets on my skin with my towel.

5 years since the Uchiha massacre...

Walking into my room, I proceeded to choose some comfortable clothing and began to get dressed.

Itachi Uchiha was the man responsible for the massacre, discovering this fact hurt me dreadfully, especially because Itachi was my-

*knock* *knock*

I snapped out of my thoughts as I heard a knock at my door, I was rather confused by this since it was such a late hour, who needed to see me badly enough that it couldn't wait until tomorrow? I dried my hair the best I could and walked over to the front door of my small but affordable house, but about three footsteps away from the door, I stopped dead in my tracks.

This chakra... It's him, it may have been 5 years since I last saw him, but there's no doubt about it...

I balled my hand into a fist as I opened the door, trusting my tight fist into the man at my doorstep, but he easily saw that coming a mile away. After all, his sharingan wasn't just for show.

"(Y/n), it's been a while" Itachi said in his deep, alluring voice, causing me to shudder, but I shook those thoughts away quickly, focusing on my rage at Itachi. "You..! HOW DARE YOU SHOW YOUR FACE HERE! ITA-" before I could finish yelling at him in anger, he placed a hand over my mouth, pulling me inside my home. Closing the door behind him.

"Why are you here?!" I growled at him, staring into his obsidian eyes, they just continued to look into mine, this is the moment I realised how much his appearance had changed since I last saw him when he was 16. He was noticeably taller than he was when he was a teenager, he had grown out his hair now held in a low ponytail, and his eyes... I'd be lying if I said he wasn't absolutely gorgeous.

"I need to talk to you" Itachi replied to my answer. "Like hell I'm going to listen! How could you come back to ME of all people after what you did?" I cried, however I was caught off guard as I felt Itachi wrap his arms around me, pulling me into his warm cloak. I tried to push him away, but he was much stronger than me, he leaned down to my ear and whispered, "because your the only person I can trust in times like these" I blushed at his words.

"I still love my girlfriend, I still love you. Even after everything that happened, I miss you too" Itachi replied as he took ahold of my chin, leaning down to kiss my lips. I desperately wanted to kiss him back, to feel my boyfriends lips again since 5 years ago, but I couldn't.

I ended the kiss and pushed him off of me, "why are you here, Uchiha? And don't tell me you and all the way out here just to see me" I asked in a serious tone, eyes narrowed at him.

"I need to talk to you about Sasuke" he replied.

*****

"Sasuke killed one of my fellow Akatsuki members recently, and from what I've been told, he asked for information about me and my whereabouts, so Sasuke is still sworn on killing me and avenging the Uchiha Clan, as expected" Itachi said as he stared into my eyes as he sat opposite side of the table as me. "If things go as I had planned, he will kill me and avenge the clan, all will be well again" Itachi spoke, however I felt hurt stab my heart at a certain word.

"You plan to... Die?" I asked as I felt tears brim in my eyes, "what good will that do?!" I cried as I got up harshly, slamming my fists on the table. "Sasuke is hell bent on killing me, nobody can or will stop him, I've already accepted my fate" Itachi responded. "It's best if I let Sasuke take my life, my vision is almost completely gone, and my illness from my mangekyo sharingan is getting much worse, even if Sasuke doesn't kill me, I won't survive much longer".

I lifted my hands up to my mouth in shock at his words, unable to believe the words I was hearing, I never knew his illness was terminal... And learning this made all of my hatred for him dissipate into thin air. I may never learn the reason he killed his clan, but the Itachi I know was loyal to his clan and village, he would never destroy his heritage for self gain. I knew this all along but I just couldn't accept it, the Hidden Leaf's rumours and talk on the street is what made me believe his traitorous ideals, I was an idiot...

"Itachi... I don't w-want you to die... Not like this..." tears began to run down my face, Itachi stood from his seat and pulled me into his embrace, instead of trying to push him away, I simply pulled him closer, crying into his shirt since he placed his cloak by the door. "I want you to promise when I die, if Sasuke learns the truth, don't let him destroy the village I swore I would protect" Itachi rubbed circles into my back as he comforted me, I looked up to his face with my puffy red eyes.

"So... Your motive really was to protect the village?" I asked him, but instead of a response, he just gave me a coy smile. "I promise... Itachi, I won't let your sacrifice be in vain..." I whispered into his ear as I remained in his embrace. He gave me one last hug before seperating from home. "Thank you (y/n), I should get going-" I wrapped my arms around his waist, bringing him closer.

"Please stay... If this is the last night I'll ever see you again, I don't want it to end now..."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

This was intended to be the Itachi lemon that was requested, but this chapter was so long so I'll make the lemon in the next chapter.