Pain: My Goddess

• Female Reader
• Shippuden Timeline
• Fluff/SFW

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

(Y/n)'s P.O.V

I loved these moments, when I'm just lying in bed with my lover beside me, who whispering sweet nothings into my ear as we drifted off to sleep.

But it didn't look like that was happening tonight.

With the tailed beast about and sending out the other Akatsuki members to seal them, this has landed Pain with a lot of paperwork to do, and Deidara doesn't make it easier when he blows holes in the roof whenever Tobi annoys him.

So I lied in bed, staring at the wall as I tried to fall asleep, but without Pain by my side, I couldn't bring myself to drift off.

With an irritated sigh, I sat up and out of bed, maybe if I helped him with his paperwork, he can come to bed sooner and we can both get some sleep.

But first, I decided to get myself a drink since my throat felt pretty dry.

Getting out of the room and walking into the kitchen, I froze as I saw something in the corner of my eye, I was ready to attack whatever was there, a hand gripping a kunai and raising it up in self defence, however they rose their arms in submission.

"Woah woah, calm down (y/n)! It's just Tobi!" The childish man replied sheepishly before scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

Although most found him to be the most annoying in the Akatsuki, I found his company to be rather enjoyable. "Tobi, don't scare me like that" I clutched my heart as the beat began to return to normal.

"Sorry, Tobi didn't mean to disturb you" he apologised, I sighed in response and grabbed a jug of cold water as Tobi handed me a glass from the pantry.

"What's the matter (y/n)-chan?" Tobi asked I poured the water into the glass and took a sip.

"It's nothing, I just can't get any sleep because Pain isn't with me" I replied.

"Aww, how cute~ (y/n)-chan can't sleep without her love cuddling her!~" Tobi cooed, making me blush with embarrassment as I continued to drink the water.

"I-it's not like that..." I stuttered at Tobi before getting up and walking towards my lover's office.

"If you say so, goodbye (y/n)-chan!" Tobi waved and I have a small wave back as I continued my way down the long hallway.

For what seemed like an eternity, I made it to the end of the hallway, there stood Pain's office.

I stood there for a few moments, pondering the idea whether I should just walk in, or knock politely? I decided on the second option since it seemed the most appropriate, I'm his girlfriend but he's still my surperior.

*knock* *knock*

"Pain? You in there?" I called into the room after I knocked, but I did not hear a response. So I just took it as a sign to open the door.

Upon opening the door, I discover Pain sitting slumped in his chair, as I walked closer, It was clear he had fallen asleep. So I walked beside him and shook his shoulder gently, he was a light sleeper so he should wake up easily.

"Pain? My love?" I shook him a little harder until he finally opened his purple, rinnegan eyes and looked in my direction lazily.

"O-oh, (y/n)..." His deep voice said as he pinched the bridge of his nose. "Come on, you overworked yourself, Come to bed alright?" I gave him a patient smile. "Sorry (y/n), but I have to have this paperwork finished by tomorrow morning" he told me as he was about to return to his pen and paper.

"Pain, you need to rest!" I was a little more stern this time, and he turned to me with a surprised expression, it was very rare for me to raise my voice.

"(Y/n)..." I could tell at this rate, I wasn't going to win this argument, so instead I gave a long sigh and gave in. "Alright fine, if I help you with your paperwork, can you please come to bed with me?" I asked him softly.

"Alright, we have a deal" he groaned, making me smile and wrap my arms around his neck for a loving hug. "Okay sweetheart, I'll work on this pile" I grabbed the second pile of paperwork and sat at the smaller table on the other side of the room and began to work through the pages keeping my lover from his much needed rest.

*****

"Alright, all done" I smiled as I placed the finished papers on his desk. Pain seemed quite astonished that I had done his paperwork in a span of only three hours, but none the less, he kept his promise.

"Just give me five more minutes my love, I only have two more pages to get though" he told me, and with that, I walked out of the office and back to our room.

*****

I lied there for what felt like thirty minutes before I heard the door open and close again, I look over to see my lover take off his black and red cloak as well as shirt, showing his toned, muscular body and pierced abs, It took every fiber of my being to not nose bleed at the spectacular sight.

Resting his cloak of the back of his chair, Pain got into bed behind me, wrapping his strong, pierced, muscular arms around my body.

"Thank you" I heard Pain thank me, confused by his words, I turn so my face met his handsome one.

"Why are you thanking me?" I asked him as I wrapped my arms around my lover's waist, bringing our bodies a little closer.

"For going out of your way to help me, for caring about my wellbeing when I don't" he smiled before applying a gentle kiss to my forehead, making my cheeks tint a soft pink.

I smiled at how sweet he was being at the moment, so I crawled up a bit and pulled Pain into a chaste kiss.

"I love you, Pain" I whispered as I snuggled into the crook of his neck before closing my eyes, ready to drift off to sleep.

"I love you too, my Goddess" Pain smiled before running his fingers through my hair before shutting his eyes.